Hawaiian Wedding Favors

Search

Hawaiian Wedding Favors

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaiian Wedding Favors

Am hosting a destination wedding in Oahu next year and would like to show my appreciation to my guests for flying to Hawaii to attend. Can anybody give me some ideas for nice Hawaiian wedding favors?
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 06:24 AM

Hmmm...what about nice hotel gift baskets full of Hawaiian treats? mac nuts, coconut syrup, kona coffee, roasted coconut shavings....etc etc.

not sure of your budget.

aloha!
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 07:28 AM

A nice way to package any gift is to pack them in hala (woven)baskets. The size of the basket and the items inside are determined by your buget.

I usually put the top on sideways, line them with a cut piece of hawaiian fabric, wrap them in cello and tie it with raffia or natural ribbons. Its very festive and screams "hawaii".

East Asian Basket (on Queen street near Cooke) company carries square, rectangular and round ones with separate lids in a wide range of sizes- from small ones that hold one mini pack of mac nuts to big briefcase sizes. They also have finer woven bag styles with handles in various sizes, and even woven picture framses. They have a selection of natural ribbons and ornaments that you can use to decorate too. their prices are really reasonable..she's mostly a wholesale place.

Longs Drugs will have lots of the local foods & coffees, hawaiian quilt hot pads, note pads, etc. They also sell similar baskets. They cost more and have limited selection, but theirs have some decorations on the basket already-hawaiian print bows, woven flowers, etc.

Big Island Candy has wonderful cookies, candies, and gift baskets. Not sure of their web site...it's in hilo and shipping to Oahu is reasonable.

You could also try the shops at Ward Warehouse (not too far from Ala Moana) Nehoa gallery and Native books are two with quality local gifts, and there are other shops as well.

Soaps, kitchen or hand towels, napkins, small ceramics with hawaiian or asian themes, etched or blown glass, and boxes or bowls made of local woods also make memorable gifts. Hawaii has no shortage of nice stuff these days in all price ranges!
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks bogart and lcuy for your suggestions! My budget is about $30 per guest. I love the idea of a gift basket... was thinking of putting one together as an arrival gift for the guests. Will definately check out the stores suggested. I like the idea of blown glass or Hawaiian themed ceramics but have to be cautious that the favors can survive the flight back home!
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 05:38 AM

if you go the gift basket route...maybe include information about the island, things to do, maps, brochures etc.
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 08:22 PM

Gift baskets filled with: locally grown coffee, candles with the scents of the islands, Hawaiian candies, seeds, tickets to tour Iolani Palace and/or Bishop Museum, guava jelly, coconut syrup, (all locally packaged), etc.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 12:09 PM

Not sure of space or time, but you could burn cds of Hawaiin music you may play at your wedding and include those in the baskets as well, that way they can listen later with fond memories.