Search

Hawaiian dvd's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaiian dvd's

I just bought a dvd player recently (never ever had a vcr) and am wondering if anyone has a favorite Hawaii dvd. Not movies but more travel/site seeing dvds which you see in some stores like the abc stores. Can anyone recommend something?
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 03:13 PM

There's been a recent re-release of a film formerly available only on video -- deftly combining the award-winning voices of The Brothers Cazimero, with gorgeous footage of the Hawaiian islands.

Title is "Hawai`i: A Musical Postcard"

As for purely travel DVDs of the islands, "Kaua`i: Flight of the Canyon Bird", with it's awesome from-the-air footage, gets my recommendation.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:17 AM

Hidden Hawaii: IMAX (1991). I don't know if it's available in stores (we rented it on Netflix). It is truly beautiful.                          
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 08:39 PM

There is a PBS production of the best of aloha. I can't remember the title, but it is a top selling dvd on many of the local on-line stores. Features tradtional hula, contemporary, jake Y., and many popular and distinguished artists. I'm going to watch it agian tonite. I'll try to get the title @ home and reply again. It is really great and moving.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 03:47 PM

Anela,

Upon doing an internet search it looks like you're speaking of the DVD "Hawaii: Songs of Aloha", which appears to be sold on several websites: hawaiianmusicstore.com, buyhawaiianmusic.com, etc.