Search

Hawaii Web Site

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Patti

Hawaii Web Site

Aloha,The state of Hawaii recently put up a great site for visitors & information.Just type in hawaii.com Best Wishes,Patti

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Gary

Just so we're all understanding, it appears this is NOT a site put up by the state of Hawaii. It is clearly a commercial site. There's nothing wrong with it, but perhaps Patti is connected to the business that put the site together, and a little honesty would be nice.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Ken

I agree with Gary !! Care to comment, Patti ?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 02:18 AM
linda

yes this is a commercial site(most of the content is from the honolulu advertiser)but I, as an overseas tourist wanting to visit hawaii found it very useful.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Patti

Aloha, I am indeed honest and only human and made a mistake.I am not connected to the business or site in any way.I am from here and semi retired.Sorry about the misinformation, I do hope that it helps visitors with information about Hawaii.Best Wishes, Patti

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Chuck

I'm not so sure Patty is wrong-while in Hawaii last week the Governor announced the relaunching of this site which I thought was affiliated with the Tourism Board-A State Agency. While they may use much information form the Advertiser I think it is in fact a state site

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Sarah

Don't take it personally Patti there is a tremendous amount of negativity on this board, recently. I am guessing that some of us don't have as much money to travel with and we seem to be lashing out here and there. I would not care if you were a travel agent. If the services or product are not attractive I would not bite no matter who is selling. I think it was Gary's comment that sparked this response from me. Care to comment?

Thanks for the info

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Gary

Absolutely, I'd care to reply.

First, to Patti, if you are not someone connected with that site, my apologies. The reason for what I wrote will be below, in my reply to Sarah, but I certainly didn't mean you any harm.

Sarah, these boards do not exist for vendors to sell products. They are here for an open exhange of helpful information from travelers, and I have often gotten and given such information. The site is great. However, every so often, a travel agent or other type of travel vendor tries to use the board to get business, making it seem as if they are just travelers. As far as I am concerned, and for that matter, many others that have written about this on the board, this is a misuse of the board. Would you like to get a response to an honest request for help, that appears to give you a site that would be helpful, only to find when you go there that you have to pay the person that planted the site for information? That's often what happens, and that's what prompted my reply.

Frankly, my comment, when read against yours, is far less of an attack. And your comment about people having less or more money to travel is obnoxious, and not worthy of response.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 12:45 AM
Patti

Aloha, apology accepted. I was only trying to be helpful to visitors that come to Hawaii. The post about our Governor re launching the site is true, there was also a full page about it in our local paper. I am a mother and a grandmother and will travel out of the state for only the third time in July. I recently found this site and reading posts about the mainland have been helpful for a novice traveler like me. I admit that my feelings were hurt about the comment "a little honesty would be nice" as I stated I am and have always been an honest person, fair and kind to others-raised my children that way and I am proud of them. Best Wishes,Patti

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Bill

Hi Patti please come back people do usually get a better welcome here.
Here is a great website that I found on the internet around restaurants.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/sp.../str_fine.html

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Bill

Actually that was an article on top restaurants on Oahu.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Cassi

Thanks Bill but check out this sight 150 of Hawaii's best restaurants reviewed!

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/specials/2001best150/

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:08 PM
innesha

www.gohawaii.com is the state tourism site. that should be a better site than hawaii.com

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Jean

Why better?