Old Jun 18th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hawaii in sept

first time in Hawaii. 7 days, any ideas would be appreciated
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 06:03 AM

Aloha RP,

Do a search on this forum for Hawaii, or for the specific islands you plan to visit and you will find more info than you'll know what to do with.

It's also helpful when you post a question to be more specific to an area, what your preferences in travel are, etc.

The more specific you are, the more likely people are to answer your post.

Aloha and happy planning.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 06:16 AM

My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Hawaii in late Sept. The weather was great and it was a wonderful trip. Like the suggestion above, you might want to provide a little more information or do a search on Hawaii. There is a lot of information out there. We visited Oahu, Kauai, and the big island. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about those islands.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Thinking of spending the entire week in Maui. Hotel and restaurant suggestions?
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 08:59 AM
bonniebroad

Rumpunch, do you want budget, moderate, upscale, luxury or super-luxury recommendations? Seriously, what price range are you hoping to stay within? That will help us......

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:06 AM

If you type "Maui" in the text search box above and click on Hawaii in the topic box, you will get a lot of posts that give you the general info you want.

Once you have done that, then come here with more specifics, such as your budget & interests.

Many of us have written reams of info in the past, which you cna read with a little effort. We will be happy to help you too, but no one wants to spend 15 minutes planning a vacation filled with hiking, bike rides, and 5 star hotels and dining, then find out you want to spend your holiday shopping for fine art while staying in youth hostels.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:08 AM

Here are some links to the Fodor's miniguides for Maui restaurants:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm
destination=maui@98&cur_section=din&sort=name&revi ew=full&pg=3

and Maui hotels:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgr...ur_section=lod
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:30 AM

With a general inquiry, you are going to get a general response. Without knowing your budget or preferences(hotel or condo),on Maui I would say that for lower/mid range look into the Napili area. If your budget can stand it, Kapalua Bay Hotel is lovely, as are the many luxury properties in Wailea. Another decent budget oriented choice would be the Kaanapali Beach Hotel on Kaanapali Beach. I would also stay open to the possibilty of travel to a different island other than Maui. Have fun planning.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM
LZB

We went to Maui last Sept for our honeymoon and LOVED it! We stayed at the Sheraton on Kaanapali and it was fantastic - all the hotels on that stretch of beach looked great, I just picked the Sheraton b/c I found the best deal on it at the time. My husband is a golfer and loved playing the courses there along with Kapalua. As for activities, we did the beach, Road to Hana (plan one full day for this one and it's DEFINITELY worth the drive, gorgeous views), luau (Old Lahina luau was great), and just drove around to the other side of the island (Wailea) to see what was going on. You'll have a wonderful trip!
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 07:15 PM
gyppielou

As always, I suggest anyone venturing to Hawaii in September that it is one of the best times to go. However, confirm with your lodging destination as to any pool or construction work, as this is the best off season time for many resorts to get ready for the winter season.