Search

Hawaii Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 1997, 12:02 PM
Steven

Hawaii Honeymoon

Ben, check out the Kea Lani Hotel at www.maui.net. It's a five start hotel on the south end of the Wailea resort area. I'm estimating two weeks for about $3K, the last time I talked with a travel agent. (Sorry, can't reccomment anyone). Anyway, great, and I mean GREAT rooms. Large, 800 sf (?), with huge bathrooms, walk-in showers for two, bathtubs that easily hold two, kind-side beds, etc. There are three pools, swimup bar, waterslide, all the usual amenities. And no activities for kids, so families have a tendency to stay away at other places, It's quiet, relaxing, a great place to just park it for a wile. My wife & I went four years go, and we still dream about the place. Had a rental car, didn't even use it for four of the seven days, so contented were we to just stay at the hotel. It's the finest hotel we've every stayed at. we'll be going back early next year. If you go, please let me know how your stay was. Oh, can also highly recommend the Charthouse Restaurant, about a 1/2 mile away, for dinner.

Old Apr 2nd, 1997, 10:52 AM
Beth

Great idea! We honeymooned in Maui and Big Island three years ago. You should be able to get off season rates in October (we did for early December). We stayed at the Maui Marriott becuase we got 50%25 off using our Entertainment card so check that out! Its in the Kanapali Shores area which is pretty crowded but out hotel was very nice and conveniently located. Also, the Outrigger Chain has nice hotels on most of the islands and I believe they also offer a discount with the Entertainment Card! Good luck!

Old Apr 3rd, 1997, 05:07 AM
Neal Sanders

The most romantic spot on the face of the earth is the Hotel Hana-Maui in the little village of Hana on the eastern end of Maui. Beautiful rooms, great food, and one of the most stunning beaches you'll ever see. They have a Honeymoon Plan. Very much off the beaten path, so there are no tour buses. We've seen a fair number of honeymoners there over the years, and they seemed quite pleased.

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 05:26 PM
Cassie

If you are on Maui and like horseback riding, ask the hotel concierge to book you with Pony Express trail rides into Haleakala (the dormant volcano). The have 1-2 hour minirides on the ranch, but the best trips are the 1/2 day or full day rides into the crater itself in the national park. These are walking rides - no fast riding. The half day trip starts around 9 AM and completes about 3 PM. Lunch is included and it was the HIGHLIGHT of my trip in November. It's chilly in the volcano (you're at 9000 feet above sea level). You can email Pony Express for more info at [email protected]. As an aside, I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua. It's nice but I wouldn't recommend it - it's too far away from everything on Maui and fairly expensive. Look at Kaanapali (if you want a great beach) or Lahaina (if you want convenience)

Old Apr 9th, 1997, 09:25 PM
Monique

My husband and I are going to Kauai, Maui and the Big Island next week.
We are staying at the Princeville Resort in Kauai, the Orchid at Mauna Lani
Bay on the Big Island, the Renaissance Wailea Beach in Maui.
Here are a couple of recommendations:
1. Call 1-800-374-4464 and ask for the Entertainment Guide for Hawaii
it cost about $46 but it has 2 for 1 dining, 25%25 off or 2 for 1 activities and
50%25 off hotels.

Hanalei Bay Resorts and Suites in Kauai is listed in there (suites) and it sits on the
North Shore which is probably one of the most Romantic areas, it is on
the Conde Nast Gold list which just came out in January and you probably can
get an ocean view for around $150 a nite. This hotel sits right near
the Princeville hotel. Then for Maui I would recommend Renaissance Wailea Beach it
is also on the Conde Nast Gold list and I am getting it with the Entertainment card
Ocean view for $197.50 a nite. This hotel sits in the smae resort area as Four Seasons and
Grand Wailea very oppulent hotels and is suppose to have a really great beach.

I will let you know when I get back how I made out but I did alot of research for this trip and Hanalei
Bay was on my top five list as well.

Good Luck!

2. If you have AAA you can also get 25%25 at some hotels - ask AAA to send
your their tourbook.

3. Also, in the Boston Globe this week Budget has a really good
deal on a Jeep Wrangler - you might want to call them if you need a car.

Old Apr 17th, 1997, 09:09 AM
bob janson

Have stayed at the Renaissance Wailea a few years ago, it was very nice at a good price. If price is not an issue I recommend Four Seasons Wailea (CLUB FLOOR)hotel, service, rooms just can't be beat, if price is an issue, stay in another room category. Most recently stayed at Ritz Carlton Kapalua (CLUB FLOOR)was very disappointed!