Have you seen the play "Proof"

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 05:36 PM
mary

Have you seen the play "Proof"

Would you recommend the play "Proof? I have not seen any reviews on it. Please let me know if you liked it and would recommend it. Thank You!!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:10 AM
Kevin Kovalovsky

My wife and I just went to see it last week. Yes, I would highly recommend it. Although the ending is a bit abrupt, the perfomrances are oustanding, especially by Chelsea Altman who plays Robert Foxworthy's youngest daughter.

There are only four people in the production, so try to get as close to the stage as possible. Our seats were back in the 25th row of the main floor. Although we enjoyed the production, we knew it would have been even better if we could have been closer.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:16 AM
yes

Saw it a couple months ago. Very good. Better than most plays when it comes to identifying with one or more of the characters.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:19 AM
proof

You can try reading or glancing through the text - it's probably available at your local bookstore.

You can be too close to the stage. I was sat in the first row and got neck cramps looking up at Mary Louise Parker and company.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 04:55 PM
suzy

I liked the play but I did not love it. I think it was overhyped and therefore my expectations were too high. It is worth seeing but it was not in the league of some other top shows.