Havasu Falls Trek Review with photos!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2017, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just completed typing up my experience and editing some of my photos from my hike to Havasu Falls and the surrounding area. It was a awesome experience. It was one of my favorite waterfalls I have ever been too.

I definitely recommend checking out this area. Its beautiful. Its worth the effort and the cost.

Check out my blog entry on my experience for some tips, inspiration, and photos I took while visiting here .

https://www.ericfreytravels.com/sing...asu-Falls-Hike

Let me know if I was off on any information, I'm no expert by any means, just sharing my experience .
Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 06:42 PM

great review! we have been talking about doing this hike one day. I wonder though with a young child if it's feasible. (We normally hike with our toddler in the back pack carrier of dad and me carrying the gear on my back). Do you remember seeing any other hikers with young children?

Love your blog as well! great stuff!
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 05:36 PM

I'd counsel against taking a young child. There are numerous reports of 10 and 11 year olds visiting Supai, but a toddler... The Havasupai recommend that no one under the age of five visit. Are you comfortable carrying your child on a steep and rocky trail, where slipping and falling is a real possibility? Helicopter transportation is sometimes available, but you can't count on it. Saddle horses are also available. However, your child has to ride on their own horse; young children are not allowed to ride double with an adult. Even once you get to Supai, there are challenges: additional hiking/scrambling is required to see most of the waterfalls; there are no child-specific activities; should medical care be required, it's many hours away.