Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at the Historic French Market Inn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Sharon

We are traveling to New Orleans the last week in April and have reservations at the Historic French Market Inn. Any comments or other suggestions?

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 01:33 PM
gail

Wish I could offer more....We walked by it when we were there (curious). It has a great location near the water and of course, the MarketPlace. It had more of a residential feel to it than the Monteleone and Waldorf etc... looked like people who worked there were attentive at the door). It was pretty nice, I prefer the busy of a more central area though. Saw what appeared to be business travelers coming and going the day we were there..

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Bob

Waldorf? In New Orleans??

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Cindy

You might want to do a search of this site for more information about that Inn. From what I remember in the past, it's had lousy reviews! Good luck!

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 05:24 AM
susan

By all means, do a search of this board for comments on the Historic French Market Inn, which has one of the worst reputations of any hotel in New Orleans. One of the many complaints is that they're well-known for overbooking then putting people with CONFIRMED reservations in sister properties in less desirable areas. If I were you I'd book something else right away.