Has anyone stayed at Dana Inn on Mission Bay?

Jan 25th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Nancy

Has anyone stayed at Dana Inn on Mission Bay?

Would appreciate any info you have on Dana Inn on Mission Bay. We are thinking about staying there in May for four days and would like to hear from anyone who has stayed there.

Jan 25th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Paula

It's been a few years since I was there, but it has a great location, right on the water. You can rent bicycles and paddle boats. It's pretty much a standard motel, except for the location.

Jan 26th, 2003, 09:51 AM
paul

Good location on Mission Bay near Mission Beach. Not a luxury resort by any means but is ok for moderate budget. A sister hotel is the nearby Catamaran which is more upscale. You may want to check it out.

Jan 26th, 2003, 10:59 AM
lucy

Stayed there a few years back but wasn't very impressed small pool and expensive restaurant. Room was nice and view was beautiful. Lots of places to walk. So that's the good and bad of it.

Jan 26th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Nancy

Thanks for your input. We are staying in downtown San Diego the first part of our visit but wanted to stay somewhere with a pool and closer to the water. Don't need to be on the beach but would like to be in view of water. Don't need a fancy room but want it to be reasonably nice. The Catamaran is a bit more than we would like to spend. Any other suggestions?

Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:09 AM

I know this is an OLD post, but has anyone been there recently? I am trying to decide and don't want to break the bank---I want close to PB and Mission Beach. Is it at least clean? The grounds look very nice. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.