Reload this Page >

Has anyone seen Cirque's "Quidam"?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 03:51 PM
Kim

We've just recently seen "La Nouba" in Orlando and loved it. "Quidam" is now coming to our area and we're wondering if anyone out there has seen it and how it compares. I want to get tickets but am just wondering if it's too soon and too similar to do a Cirque show again. Thanks for any help.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 06:34 PM
pj

Saw Quidam a couple years ago in Chicago. I think they all have their own flavor. If you liked the last one you will love all of them. They are avant garde enough to be intriguing and they rework each show so you never feel you are seeing the same thing. I always go when I have the opportunity to see cirque de soleil. Pj

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:01 AM
Chris

I love Cirque du Soleil but was disappointed in Quidam. It didn't have enough variety or thrills as the others shows had -- lots of Chinese acrobats--oh no, here they come again! If you're a Cirque person, I think this is the weakest show--but if you've never been I'm sure it's still a thrill.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:53 AM
spencer

Saw the show in Miami. Not bad, but the stuff that was thrilling was when the performers fell off the stage. That happened twice during the performance.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:03 AM
ncgrrl

I say 'Quidam' a few weeks ago in Charlotte. Not as amazing as 'Mystere' (my first Cirque) but still a good show. And no one fell off the stage.

The only bad thing was the port-a-potty restrooms. The performance was set up in a parking lot at the speedway.