Reload this Page >

Hanalei Bay Resort..Beach towels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 04:05 AM
Dawn Ct

We will be staying in a 3 BR condo through All Globe Travels at HBR. Do they provide Beach towels or should we bring our own? We will also be staying at Kanaloa at Kona, thus I have the same question. Thanks, Dawn

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 04:24 AM
Patrice

There last summer. They provide linens if you are staying at the hotel. I recommend buying a beach mat for $2-$3 dollars at the Safeway at Princeville and tossing it at the end of the trip. You are pack your own oregano girl aren't yah!!! You are going to have a fab time. Would love to know what you go that 3 bedroom for. I have a two bedroom house with loft in Hanalei that I got for $128 a night. 1-2 blocks from the beach. No air though you don't need up in Princeville but I worry not having in Hanalei. Ok listen there is a great book I found, "The Ultimate Guide to Kauai" It is a supper quick read and it is very helpful. I recommend you buy. They also do a guide for Big Island. I would look into that guide also. Read before you go and take with you on trip. Have a great time

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Patrice

www.mixed-plate.com for recipes of Hawaiian food your family. I recommend the Khal Bi BBQ (Korean), Haupia (coconut pudding), Lemon Chicken YUM!

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 05:11 AM
Patrice

I hope you are also getting coupons instead of over the counter tickets to Lihue. You only pay $62 each way for the coupons. You can get a $50 dollar z fare. This is one way. Stretch this by staying on the plane after your first destination or making a connection without time on Oahu and you will only have 3 legs to worry about paying for. I am assuming you are flying in and out of Oahu.You can call airlines directly and pick up at check in after reservation (14 days prior minimum) is made. Or you can call cheap tickets.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Dawn Cooper

Thanks for the suggestions. We got the condo for $312 per night. I have booked our interisland flights with Aloha and plan to purchase coupons on arrival. We are flying directly to Maui on Delta. From Maui we go to Kauai, then to the Big Island and from there to Oahu and sadly, home. What is a z fare? And I did pack Italian Seasoning. Oregano with basil.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Dawn Cooper

I forgot to mention, I have an the Wizard Pub Hawaii guides. They are indeed terrific books.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Patrice

I don't remember which airline refers to them as Z-fares. They all offer this fare this summer. They are only available on some flights. There are penalties if you miss your flight. Yah know I don't know if you have done the jump for a connection at HNL before but it is not so quick and easy. So unless you are certain you will make the flight I would not go for this cheaper option. I also like not being nailed down to flight once I am on an island. For the extra 15 for the coupon it is worth it to be able to stay longer or leave earlier than anticipated. I did read in one of these chat rooms that one traveler found a coupon for this fare upon arriving on Oahu and immediately got on the Z-fare. They found it in that little bulletin "Oahu this Week", in all the airports along major commercial strips and even in the Houston Airport at Hawaii bound gate. Have fun you are going to love HBR. In the book I recommended earlier I was reading about beach "hideaway beach" up near "Princeville" but not Sheraton's Beach said it was excellent for snorkeling. Check out book for details I missed this beach last summer.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Debbie

Patrice, I'm interested in where you got house in Hanalei for $128! Thanks

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Patrice

Probably more than what you are looking for but here goes. It was a referral from a posting on Vacation.com. I looked up rentals in Feb for August of this year. Apparently this was too late for a spot in Hanalei. I began asking people who were filled if they knew anyone who had a house. The women I am renting from handles a group of homes but only has a website. And I am sorry to say I no longer have the details as I have turned them over to my sister who is away on another trip. I will say that if you look early enough you can find similar prices. There are a number of Kauai Rental agencies that any easy websearch of “Hanalei Vacation rentals” will give you. One of them Hanalei North Shore Properties (http://planet-hawaii.com/visit-kauai/)I saw mentioned in the New York travel review section. They were extremely helpful even though I did not rent from them this time. Very frank about what the property would be like. They told me to snap up anything I could find in Hanalei at such a late date. Along with the price you are looking for make sure you know location. Some condo’s in Princeville are far from where I like to be near Sheraton. I don’t know what this will be like vacation will be like. I am nervous that I am not dealing with a larger Agency but I m a taken a risk. Oh also have another week on Oahu through Pat’s Kailua Properties. They handle affordable properties also. Most of my luck comes from using Hawaii based business. Some other names Vacationhost.com (Hawaii based). Sealodge is close to Sheraton and HBR and inexpensive. I really like the looks of Pua Poa next door to Sheraton with prices at $250+ . Good luck plan ahead. I still think that you might get lucky with a cancellation. This season is not as strong as last year's.