Hana tour by Temptation Tours

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard good things about the Hana helicopter/van/lunch tour by Temptation Tours. However, the people that wrote the reviews took the tour a couple of years ago when it was $225/person. They said while it was expensive, it was worth it.

The tour is now priced at $325 / person. I found someplace on the net that has it discounted to $600 for 2 people. I'm having a hard time justifying this. My wife on the other hand still wants to do it.

Has anyone here been on this tour and would they pay $300 a person for it?

Thanks
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 09:13 AM

I have not been on that tour--but I would not pay that much. I enjoyed the drive to Hana--we did it ourselves. I would rather spend that amount of money on one night's lodging in Hana.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 10:33 AM

We took this tour about four years ago. Helicopter to Hana and van back. The helicopter ride was a lot of fun. However, we did not spend any time in Hana (except for a GREAT lunch on the beach) or the neat areas just past it. The van was very nice but didn't make many stops - and my daughter felt car sick. If I had it to do over again, I would just drive myself in order to have more control... The helicopter ride was very cool though!
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 11:16 AM

We drove the Road to Hana last year ourselves in one day. We stopped often and it took us about 13 hours round trip. We just got back from Maui last week and did the Road to Hana again but stayed in Hana for two nights. If you can stay, you should. We left Lahaina around 9:30, stopped in Paia for box lunches and we were on our way by 10:30. We barely had any traffic (and this was on a Saturday). We took our time and arrived at the Hotel Hana-Maui at 4:30. The only down side to our trip was that it rained very hard at night while we were in Hana. We went to the Seven Sacred Pools on our second day and the water was flowing so hard no one was allowed to swim (totally different from how dry it was last year). Also, we had found out that the road going around the backside of Haleakala was shut down due to flooding so we had to go back the way we came. We didn't make any stops and it only took about 2 hours from Hana to Kihei.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM

Wow! Hana to Kihei in two hours...

Rain does make a difference. That was a downside to our Hana trip four years ago - practically drought conditions. It made everything less spectacular. The tour didn't even stop at some of the usual spots because the waterfalls were much diminished or gone.