Hana from the aiport

Old Feb 6th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hana from the aiport

Aloha Friends,

My husband and I will be visiting Maui for 7 nights in March. Our condo is only available for 5 nights, so we are looking for accommodations for our first 2 nights on the island. We are staying in Kaanapali which we really enjoy and could book another 2 nights there (or Napili) , but we have never been out to Hana and thought it could be fun to stay 2 nights there.

However, we will be driving there directly from the airport (we land at noon). I'm not worried about the length or windiness of the road BUT we will have all our luggage with us, so I'm guessing we won't be able to pull over for all the wonderful sightseeing along the way. Same goes for the return trip.

I'd love to hear anyone's opinion on whether the drive out will be "worth it" without being able to make stops, and if we can use the day in Hana to explore waterfalls, beaches etc that give the area its magical reputation.
Old Feb 6th, 2015, 02:08 PM

We recently returned to Heavenly Hana for 2 nights. After arriving before noon, we provisioned up a bit and had lunch at Hailimaile General Store before hitting the road. We didn't make any real stops, took our time and arrived in time for sunset and dinner. Our first morning was well spent visiting the 7 pools and other sites we love to return to. We hiked up to Fagan's Cross for sunset. Our third morning after sunrise we went to black sand beach (state park) and did a stroll and then leisurely drove back and had lunch at Mama's before heading to Napili. It was wonderful. Our fourth stay in Hana and we rarely make stops with luggage in tow. So many things to see and explore once you've arrived.

http://www.vrbo.com/572934
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 02:58 PM

inakauaidavidababy, that looks like a great cottage. Now I'm considering a few days there and a few days in Kula. SO needs to give me a budget!
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 05:33 PM

How long is your flight? The drive to Hana is fairly long and if you are going to be wiped out after the plane right, it might be best to save that for another time. We have flown to Maui several times from the East Coast and I wouldn't want to drive to Hana right afterward after that many hours in the air.
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 07:00 PM

As I recall, cat lives in California.
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 08:30 PM

I am in So Cal. I am now rethinking the whole thing.

Instead of a week in Kaanapali with a few days tacked on either side, I'm thinking a few days in Kula, a few days in Hana and a few days in Lahaina.

Or Riviera Maya.

Or a cruise.

Sorry, didn't meant to hijack this thread!