Search

Hamptons resturants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 10:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hamptons resturants

What is the word on this seasons hot resturants in the Hamptons especially Sag Harbor,Bridgehampton,Wainscot,Amag,East Hampton.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 02:35 PM

I don't know what the "word" is but can tell you about some new/changed places.

Jean Luc has opened JLX in Sag Harbor (I think it used to be Peter Millers). The Beacon/Red Bar people have taken over Fresno (aka Santa Fe) in East Hampton.

A new place on Newtown Lane in EH Cittanuova, a contemporary Italian, executive chef from 1770 House. The restaurant is Milanese.

Alison (from Alison at the Beach) has moved into town at 95 School St. location.

Rubi Red in Wainscott has changed to something new.

American Bistro at the corner of 27 & Ocean Rd in Bridgehampton has changed names (and hands I assume) to Ocean Grill. I think the food's still not good.

BTW, Roccos is now evidently called 21 Water and still having problems with the neighbors re noise.

Sounds like you don't spend much time in Southampton. You should try Belle's Cafe sometime. It opened last year. Cajun with live music on weekends (next door to Savannah).
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks,I can tell you are well informed.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 02:32 AM

Just reading the local paper. 8-)

A few more additions. Cittanuova is in the old space that was the Grill. Prices are evidently expensive and food just ok I hear.

Rubi Red has become Capri and is hoping to do a big bar business and get a crowd for dinner before going down the road to the Star Room (which has evidently been jumping with celeb sightings like Cuba Gooding Jr., Paris Hilton etc.)

Jeff & Eddie's (the fish place that opened last year) in Sag Harbor is now serving breakfast.
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 07:27 AM

We had delicious soft shell crabs at Michaels near Maidsone Park off Three Mile harbor Road Saturday. Cooked any way you desire even tho the menu lists them as deepfried.
From East Hampton, turn left at the windmill continue left on 3 mile Harbor Rd at the fork, past the marina until you see the Maidstone Park sign on the left. Turn left there.

Meal tax is 14%. Gas at the eastern end is $2.299 for regular.