Reload this Page >

Gulf Condo - Floriday Panhandle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 03:54 PM
Karen

Looking for info on a beachside lowrise condo on beach for 2 weeks in May. Been told panhandle is next best thing to carribean. Lowkey and quiet, but near restaurants and activities.

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 07:21 AM
Julia

Try Perdido Key or Destin area. You may want to do a web search and type those in or Orange Beach.

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 06:18 PM
Jane

I'm staying at Miravilla in east Destin in May. It's a 4 story condo complex, 1 bdrm, sleeps 6, full amenities for $550 a week. Prices go up after Memorial day wkend. Found it on the Gulf Coast Rentals site. I've heard nothing but good things about Destin! Enjoy!

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 06:44 AM
Jean

Karen, I live in the Florida panhandle. The beaches from Panama City west to Gulf Shores, Alabama are all beautiful and have fine, white sand. However, certain parts of the Panhandle are not low key, such as panama City Beach, Pensacola Beach, or Fort Walton Beach. Destin, Seaside, Rosemary Beach and the beaches of South Walton COunty are the quietest. Navarre Beach is also quiet. Some parts of Perdido Key and Orange Beach are quiet, others more active. Have fun.

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 08:09 AM
marilyn

Check vrbo.com--vacation rentals by owner. This site lists tons of Florida condos for rent from the owners, with pictures etc. Destin is nice, but getting more crowded. If you can afford it, Seaside is wonderful--try the Seaside Realty site: a small town by the sea with beautiful cottages to rent, where you walk everywhere.

Old Apr 14th, 2000, 06:33 PM
Roger

For years we stayed at the Windrift Condos in Orange Beach which is next to a beautiful state owned undeveloped beach. Across the street from the condo there is a crabbing dock with slips that you can use if you have a boat.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 09:16 AM
Steve

Karen - Try www.beachesofsouthwalton.com

Has links to lots of real estate companies that manage/rent homes in the southern parot of Walton County, which is between Panama City and Destin (and quieter than either). Some privaye rentals, too. Many rentals have pictures. A few high-rise condos, but practically all condos in Walton County are 4-stories or less due to strict zoning laws passed in recent years.