Reload this Page >

Gulf Coast advice required

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2000, 01:57 PM
Sarah

Can anyone recommend a fabulous location on the Gulf Coast (Sanibel already part of the itinery). Has anyone stayed in any accommodations that they could recommend?

Also, how far a drive is Seaside from Orlando?

Many thanks

Old Apr 14th, 2000, 02:35 PM
Steve

Sarah - Seaside is probably 5-6 hours (very rough guess) from Orlando. The maps make it look like you can cut straight across the state, but I've heard the fastest route is the interstates. From Seaside, you'd make your way up to I-10 (30 minutes), go east almost to Jacksonville, and then go south to Orlando on I-75. Seaside is an expensive planned community that is a beautiful place to visit. Many of the homes are located across the small highway from the beach. There are a few rental homes/cottages on the beachside of the road, too. Sanibel is in south Fla., correct?

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 05:58 AM
Mary

Check out www.flausa.com, the official tourist site for the state of Florida. Lots of info. Have fun.

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 07:18 AM
Brian Kilgore

I like Naples because it's a real little city, and not just a tourist town. Great beach, excellent restaurants, short drive to Everglades City, interesting semi-wild state parks nearby.
BAK

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Sarah Rogers

Thank you everyone for your advice