Reload this Page >

Great Fort Lauderdale Restaurant for New Year's Eve

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 06:41 AM
Robert

What is a great Fort Lauderdale Restaurant for New Year's Eve? I am too late for reservations?

Thanks!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Carol

Robert are you looking for an all inclusive package. Dining, dancing and drinks or just a resturant. If it is just food you want any of the resturants in the Las Olas area are great. They are upsale resturants, but I have never been disappointed.

Is it steak, Italian, asian etc. food your looking for?

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Robert

Carol,

Thanks for the Las Olas tip. I have been on that strip many times and absolutely love it. I think that any upscale restaurant would do for us. We are looking just for a nice dinner that evening - Any specific suggestions so that I can call and make a reservation? We live in Connecticut and won't be down in Florida until Christmas Day.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Carol

I will get back to you. I will be talking to my sister in law tonight and she is the one who suggest all the great resturants. For the life of me I can not remember the name of the Italian/Steak place. What ever you do, do not eat at Dan Marino's which upstairs from the place I am trying to think of. I will get back to you on Monday. Stay away from Shula's or any of the other tourist traps.

I think all of the hotels will be booked, but I bet if can get. reservations for 2 (easy seating). Big partys they need three weeks notice.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Julie

Love the food in Ft. Lauderdale area. We have plenty of favorite restaurants there but for a nice dinner in a place with a nice romantic atmosphere I'd try:
Eduardo de San Angel, exceptional gourmet mexican food with a candlelight atmosphere. 954 772 4731
Mark's Las Olas for classy, trendy, up to the minute decor and food. 9544631000
Oh la la, a French place again with heavy emphasis on candle light. 9545659065
Rainbow Palace, very upscale Chinese with excellent service and pretty decor.9545655652
Cafe Sevilla, small, quaint Spanish place with terrific food, Spanish wines and cute decor. 954 5651148
Cafe Maxx in Pompano strip mall is small enough that it should provide an intimate setting for a superb New Year's dinner. Food is some of the best in the FLL area. 954 782 0606
Black Orchid is one I've never been to but sounds good. orchids everywhere with African game menu including ostrich, etc. 954 267 9888

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Pro

The reply above me has some great recommendations. Here are some more:

Old Florida Seafood House - Shopping center

California Cafe
Rustic Inn Crab House
Louis Louis
Casa d' Angelo - our pick - Federal Highway

Jackson Steakhouse
Shirttale Charlies - another pick
Aruba - Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Burt & Jacks - Renyolds dosen't own it anymore

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 11:42 AM
bob

I've lived here for 20 years. New Years is a good time to stay away from all the big touristy places. I'd suggest Casa Bella. It's technically in Dania Beach...about 1/4 mile south of the airport on US1. Great food and kind of cosy...you'll love it. (954) 923-1000

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Patrick

My first choice would always be Mark's Las Olas, but a really interesting place would be The Left Bank, just off Las Olas. I'm on their mailing list and they always send out a newsletter with their special holiday menus. They are offering several wonderful menus and seatings for New Year's. Unfortunately I already threw it away as I won't be going over then. The food is really delightful. It's a smaller, fairly intimate and pretty place, with a really good chef. Mostly more classic French, but has some nice modern touches. This is more of a romantic and quiet place rather than the noisy, trendy atmosphere of Mark's, so it depends upon what you are looking for.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 02:51 AM
Robert

WOW! Thanks everybody. I really appreciate all the suggestions and with phone numbers too! I am not sure where we will end up, yet, but this is a great starting point.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 04:51 AM
HarryR

Check out the site for Sage French Cafe. It has become one of our favorites over the years. http://www.sagecafe.net

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Wendy

Hey Robert, for a little bit of upsacle night life try the Voodoo Lounge. The music is a bit loud, but the patio is great. I think they are open every night. check and see if they have live entertainment too. They in Las Olas area. A must see. A local place with beautiful people.