Great customer service experience with Hampton Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just returned from a 2 night trip with my daughter for college orientation. We had booked a 2 queen bed non-smoking room for 2 nights at the Hampton Inn in East Lansing Mi. We arrived at around 11 pm to find that all that they had available was king bed smoking. At other hotels in similar situations, I have encountered a take it or leave it attitude, but this couldn't have been more different. They had already made a reservation for us at another hotel a few miles away and they had a letter prepared stating that they would cover our room cost there for the 2 nights. What great customer service!
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:49 AM

Great to hear positive Customer Experiences once in awhile instead of only negative.

Congrats to your future Spartan!! Go Green!

Maybe we'll use the Hampton for a pre-football game hotel. Much better option than getting up at 3 AM to drive from my house to get a good tailgating spot!
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:59 AM

I agree, it's so nice to hear about a positive experience once in a while. My son is at MSU right now for Boys' State and we'll pick him up tomorrow. We're going down only as far as Mount Pleasant tonight or I wouldn't hesitate to make a reservation at the Fairfield Inn.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 07:01 AM
bonniebroad

Pat, I've always had great service/experience with Hampton Inns. I don't believe I've ever had a complaint.........

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 07:14 AM

Oops, I meant I'd stay at the Hampton Inn.

I just wanted to mention too that your attitude at being "walked" is admirable. Many a traveler would have b*tched and moaned about having to drive those extra few miles. Way to keep your blood pressure down and have a good time with your daughter!
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 09:38 AM

My husband and I have stayed at the Hampton Inn at Peabody Place in Memphis several times in recent months. It's our only experience with Hampton Inns, and we couldn't be happier.

We'd booked a room the latter part of May and were surprised to receive an upgrade to a suite, which was really nice. It had a full kitchen and a separate bedroom. Coincidentally it was my husband's birthday, so it was an especially pleasant treat for us both.

Last weekend we were back and had a bit of a problem with noise - both from Beale Street which can get quite rowdy at night, and from the room next door, where the tv was blaring. I called the desk to see if they had any other rooms available, but they were booked solid.

The next morning when my husband went downstairs to see if there were other rooms available for that night, we were told our room for the previous night had been comped. Wow!!

That particular Hampton Inn is supposedly the most successful in their chain, so I'm delighted to see others are equally nice.