Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Churchill Mansion Country Inn in Yarmouth

May 21st, 2004, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

I booked a room at this nice-looking Yarmouth inn and after the fact found out that it is famous for its hauntings... It would be an attraction for some, but it makes me nervous (I want to be able to sleep!) Has anybody on this forum stayed there? Would you recommend it?
Thanks!
May 26th, 2004, 02:55 AM

I personally didn't know anything about this place but asked a coworker in the area. Here is her reply:

Yes - it is haunted!!!
There are tales and that is part of its charm. I don't have any first hand experience or know of anyone who does, but we (locals) all know it it haunted (or at least that is what its reputation is). It is a beautiful old inn with lots of charm. At Halloween they always hold costume parties. I'm sure it is fine.

Another beautiful inn is the Manor Inn, in Hebron (10 mins. from town), near the Churchill Mansion.
May 26th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Hi Tanya, thanks for taking the time to ask your coworker, and thank her for me, too! It will sure be a unique experience...
May 26th, 2004, 02:34 PM

Please make sure you report back on your experience at the Inn. We will love to know if you encountered any "ghostly" beings!!!
Aug 15th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

I didn't make any ghostly encounters at the Churchill Mansion Inn in Yarmouth (Nova Scotia), but another member of our group said that he saw his bathroom door open by itself... Unfortunately we couldn't attend the story-telling evening with the host, but just a few questions about the house is enough to make one slightly worried For a better effect, arrive after dark. Breakfast was good. I wouldn't call this place "charming", but the mystery around it can be appealing and it was an experience