GREAT CHICAGO INFO WEBSITE and mini trip report

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to Chicago to see the Who at the United Center.
Stayed at the Embassy Suites 600 N State. Nice hotel~ great location. Had snack/drinks at ESPN Zone. Good food service in the bar was very slow....they stood around and talked instead of helping the 3 tables they had.
Had a few pre show drinks at Howl @ the Moon. Grabbed a cab to the show which was great. Had sky box seats (the lower ones) very near the stage. I am now spoiled.
After the show cabs were hard to find so we jumped on the 1st bus we saw and ended up close to our hotel. Late night snack at Rock Bottom and back to the hotel.
Took the Architectural Boat Tour that you pick up at Illinois & McClure (Chicago History Museum puts on) Excellent...plus the day was perfect. Sunny and 70.
Walked the Mag Mile. Early dinner at LaStrada....very good. http://www.conciergepreferred.com
Got a book from the concierge at our hotel.
Great maps ~ here is the website
Great day cannot wait to go back.
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 08:08 AM

thanks for the report and helpful link.

i'm going there next week for my first time, so i'll check out that site, looks very useful at first glance.

Old Sep 27th, 2006, 08:18 AM

Hi Bags! You lucky girl! I would love to have seen the Who. I just saw Eric Clapton last week and he was excellent. I can't believe these 'old' rockers can still jam like they do. How was the Who?

Your trip sounds like fun too. Thanks for the site.

Heidi
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

The Who was excellent. My BF is a huge fan...more so than I am and he was so thrilled to have been able to have seen them. The really put out a good show. Lots of energy.
I saw EC years ago and he was awesome.
I wish I could have gone to the recent show but just could not make it.
I just got tickets for Paul Simon at the Rosemont Theater (good seats via WXRT presale) and also just saw Little Feat this month also. Little Feat really really puts on a jam show.
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 09:51 AM

Travel Addict - I'm going to see Eric Clapton Friday night at Madison Square Garden and I'm SO excited. Can you name a few songs off his set list? I'm curious as to which he'll play! Did anyone open for him?
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 12:43 PM

Lizziea06 - Have a great time at the concert! You'll definitely be impressed. Here's a link to a review of the EC concert here (on whereseric.com):
http://tinyurl.com/rsqbj

It includes the set list too. Seemed like a lot off the August CD, but some old favorites and new ones too. Good mix. Robert Cray opened for him, but he only played for a half hour, but later joined Eric Clapton on a couple songs.
Let me know how it goes! (my e-mail is heidi623 at gmail dot com if you want to send a note.)

Bags - Paul Simon, Little Feat & The Who?? You go, girl! No wonder you liked Living Soul in Saugatuck - you have good taste!