Grand Canyon Railroad

Search

Grand Canyon Railroad

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Canyon Railroad

I just finished booking a trip on the rail road from Williams AZ to the Grand Canyon. I'm taking a massive road trip with my husband and two kids, ages 6 and nearly 2, and this will be toward the end. My question is: Would it be worth paying extra (and it's quite a bit extra) for first class in order to have AC? This will be Aug. 30, so I know it will be hot. But we are on a budget and I was thinking we could just sweat it out.

Also, we will arrive at the GC at 12:15 and return at 3:30. Is it worth booking the motor tour? Or with the two kids, should we just walk around a bit and explore? Also, is there a lunch option anyone suggests?

Thanks in advance. This is my first post, so I hope I'm getting it all right.
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 03:42 PM

Yes, you're getting it all right, I hope somebody here can help you.

Try to search by typing different words in the "search" window, some of it was discussed before.
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 06:37 PM

You may not mind sweating it out - but I would hesitate to ask it of two small children - especially one not yet 2. Spring for the few extra $.
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 12:18 PM

Hi--

Regarding the train trip from Williams to the GC. We Stayed in Williams one night on our way to the GC last year. We didn't take the train, however, we were there at 8:00AM to see the cowboy show and stayed for the boarding & the cowboy send off of the train. It was exciting; made us wish we could go, too. We are budget travelers; however, from what I observed, I decided if I ever took that train, first class would be the only way to go. PS- I would think air conditioning would be very important for that long trip. Have a great trip. If this is your first trip to the GC, be prepared to have your breath sucked out of you, the first time you look over the rim
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 12:36 PM

My mom and I took the train and went on the First Class car. But this was in Feb so it wasn't a question of air conditioning. It did seem like families were more in the coach cars; First class was quiet and pastries, coffee, juice, snacks and champagne were served. I hope your children are well behaved if you decide to go First Class.