Reload this Page >

Grand Canyon- Need help with hotel!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Jen L

I am going Oct 18-21 (3 nights) and really want to stay at a nice hotel on the South Rim, all booked. Any suggestions about how to get in? Anyone have connections? Thanks!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:11 AM
Mary

I would continue to call, and I'd probably call every day. There's always some chance of a cancellation, but it is getting late so I'd also have a Plan B.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
E.

Sorry, I don't have any connections, but I can second the previous poster, call daily, even twice a day, for cancellations, as they DO occur. I got into Thunderbird in October with one day's notice b/c I called in the nick of time after someone cancelled. Good luck! (And book a hotel outside the park, just in case. Or consider staying in Sedona or Flagstaff--farther away, but nicer than the "town" just outside th park.)

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:04 PM
nina

Jen, What hotel are you looking for? I just tried to book El Tovar for April vacation (Easter week), which is typically very busy, and got one night there. I'm going to keep calling to see if a second night opens up.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Linda

Keep trying. We couldn't get El Tovar about a month ago. Got instead Maswik. All they had.. Called again about a week later and got into Kachina. These are all hotels in Grand Canyon. Call Xanterra Parks & Resorts Reservations at 888-297--2757. I had a friend who called the day before and got into Tovar. We'll be there on the 21st of Oct. to 23rd. Good luck.