Search

Grand Canyon Info

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 03:37 PM
ronk

Grand Canyon Info

We are driving from VA to Co Springs and leaving there Sept 15 for a week or more in the Yellowstone-Mt Rushmore area. The trip is all planned including reservations in the YNP area. In June of 2003, we will be in the Chicago area and could do the same trip then.
If we went to the getting reservations in the park at this late date?
Since I haven't had time to research this spur of the moment thought, would you suggest the south rim, north rim, or both?

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 03:42 PM
xx

Ooops, part of the message was deleted and should have read " if we went to the Grand Canyon instead, would getting reservations etc"

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Jeam

I highly recommend getting reservations for Grand Canyon Park. Not only is it popular with tourists, we in Arizona like to visit and take friends. The South Rim will probably be all you will have time to do. The North Rim is more remote and you would definitely need a reservation for that area. I believe you can make reservations online. Check out the Grand Canyon web site. If you aren't able to get reservations IN the Grand Canyon Park, there are many hotels/motels in Flagstaff area. YOu would probably not need a reservation for them.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:44 PM
ronk

Thanks, Jean. Time is not a problem for us. We will be on the road up to two weeks after leaving CO. I know it will be a 4 day drive getting home from AZ.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Rita

For late reservations and to take advantage of any last minute cancellations you need to call the company that is in charge of accomodations in Grand Canyon, it is called AmFam and all the contact info is available on their web site.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 04:01 AM
ronk

Thankyou, I now have their number and will check today.