Reload this Page >

Grand Canyon from Las Vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 07:25 PM
charles

I will be in Vegas in May and think I would like to take a heliocopter trip to visit the Grand Canyon for a day. I would appreciate info from someone who has done it for cost, kinds of service, opinions about doing it.

Old Feb 25th, 2002, 05:53 AM
ken

Charles,
I did a airplane tour from Vegas to the Grand Canyon a few years ago. I would highly recommend it. It took us about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to get there. Alot better than taking a 8 hous bus trip. the cost was about $150 per person. A little steep but well worth it. the scenery as we flew over the canyon was wonderful. But be careful,... there's alot of tour groups in Vegas doing flights to the canyon and some are better than others. I can't remember the tour group that we went with.
Good luck!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:28 AM
dd

I've never taken helicopter or airplane tours from Vegas to GC, but here is my 2 cents. I heard that on a plane the turbulence is HORRIBLE, whereas helicopter is fine. Again maybe this is just what the tour companies say in order to make you to spend more money on a helicopter.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Dave

I would give the thumbs up to a day trip by plane/helpicopter. I can't remember the name of the company I went with but if you do an internet search there are plenty of options and combinations of trips. The plane did make me feel a bit queasy (it did get quite bumpy). Make sure you include a helicopter floor landing as part of the trip. Plus you get to fly over Lake Mead and Hoover Dam on the way to the Canyon.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:41 PM
charles

ttt