graduation present...trip to new york

Old Jun 28th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
graduation present...trip to new york

because I graduated from high school I got a trip to New York! I'm really excited but what are some of the things a teenager/ young adult would really love to see? I'm going to be there for five days in september.
Thanks for your advice.
Mary
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 09:00 PM

Hello Mary. Congratulations on graduating and earning a trip to New York.

Let me address your question with a question or two or three . . . What are your interests? Do you like theater? Art? Sight-seeing? Music? Shopping? New York has it all, and then some. Perhaps give us some ideas and we'll provide some specific suggestions.

Also, to get a feel for the city, I suggest picking up any one of the zillion travel guidebooks available at your local bookstore.

Peace Out.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 03:33 AM

Hi Mary-first off congrats and secondly I'm impressed that you found this forum and you're in HS!! Well, now out-I am a guidance counselor and I doubt my kids would have been so crafty. Anyway, if you like to shop head down to Soho and the West Village and walk around, you'll be in paradise. Also, there are cute shops in the Nolita area. I would also go to some Bway shows, such as 42nd Street and Hairspray if you can get tix. They are both lots of fun to see. Oh, and Rent if you haven't seen it already where you live. Have a great time and good luck if you are going to school in the fall.
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 08:43 AM

We were in NYC last September and had a wonderful time. The Saturday afternoon that we were there we walked past some theaters and stopped in and asked if they had any tickets for that nights performance. We saw Chicago for $25.00 a seat at the Schubert. So, I would suggest seeing a show or two by asking for rush tickets at the theater a couple of hours before showtime.
Have a wonderful trip!
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Ive received some travel books and maps for New York, yes. I enjoy shopping and music and theatre. I'd like to know all the greatest places to site see and eat if possible. I'd like to go to H&M and get tix to MTV. Thanks for all the input. mary