Reload this Page >

Gotta Love that Orbitz Pop-Under: Get a Free FROMMER'S GUIDE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 03:37 PM
x

Fodor's is clueless. Not only do they annoy their audience with SPAM, they advertise the competition. Way to go!!!!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 03:44 PM
John

That is hysterical!

I don't get an Orbitz ad, though. No pop-ups for me. Wonder if it's because I use Netscape 6?

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 04:24 PM
linda

gawd....are we still dissing this, LOL!!! I've downloaded every pop-up blocker and STILL they sneak in!How annoying!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 04:29 PM
OO

I don't get them either! That would have been the 1st pop-up worth a laugh though! gt; As of November, I've had ad blocking through Norton Internet Security, and Pop-ups are no longer a problem. I get no ads! All I needed was the anti-virus program but this added benefit was sure worth the extra money!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Solitarian

I downloaded the zdnet pop-up stopper recommended here. It was blissful for a while. Then some of the pop-ups crept through anyway. And when I launched my games (Solitaire, Freecell, etc.), they were all bollixed up. Can't have that, no sir. So uninstalled the pop-up stopper, am now stuck again with all the Orbitz, cruise ship, etc. pop-ups here. I think I'll go buy a Frommer's guide for my next trip.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 05:04 PM
linda

Hey everyone! Orbitz told me to install the pop-up software, and it only works on occasion. Here is their LAME response. DO SOMETHING people. Call this woman, or e-mail Orbitz and let them know we Message: Here it is!
Dear Orbitz Member:
Thank you for contacting Orbitz Customer Service.

Regarding your inquiry, advertising is purchased from third parties on
the internet, they control the placement and timing of the "pop up"
advertisements

* Disable the pop-up advertisements by going to www.panicware.com
* Download Pop-Up Stopper 2.4, it is free and will stop all pop up
advertising

Should you have any further questions or comments, please do not
hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Robin
Orbitz Customer Service

Visit Planet Earth via Orbitz
888-656-4546

are PISSED, OK?

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 05:10 PM
FacingReality

DUH!

It's how they pay the bill's associated with providing this service, you crybabies!

Seems like a cheap price to pay, or would you be willing to PAY for the Fodor website?

DUH!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Bob Brown

The popup buster known as Zero Popup 1.38 works better with Internet Explorer. So far it has supressed the poppy uppies, but now that I know a Frommers add appeared on Fodors, I find that hilarious. First they foist that abomination off on us, second they delete good themes for vague to non existant reasons, third they let offensive themes go unchecked, and fourth the provide us with macabre comedy.
I think advertising for the competition is hilarious. Serves those buggers right. Either run it right or suffer the consequences.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Bob Brown

I just took my popper whopper down.
That Orbitz plug for Frommers is really there! Big as life and twice as ugly, right there on the Fodors Travel Talk.
So the new watch word of the day is this: Fodors plugs Frommers!!
I wonder who is paying for it, Frommers or Fodors!!!????
Go get 'em Danny M. You got the best scheme going. Shooting hit rate bonanza right in the foot!!