good website for sports ticket packages?

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 08:50 AM
jetset1

good website for sports ticket packages?

I've bought tickets separately for baseball and football games, but I'm wondering if anyone uses specific travel sites which might have better deals?
Seating placement is important to me, so I have liked the option of choosing the level and price per seat. Thanks for any insight.

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't give you up to date information but several years ago my significant other and I got season tickets for the 49r's. The price on the ticket was 35.00 and we paid about 70.00 per seat per game. I'm thinking this was only 16 game season at that time. So we had, as I recall, two pre-season games, and 8 regular season home games. We had no access to playoff games at all. We could put in a request and is all weren't sold out then we could try to buy what was available. We didn't even try. I don't know about all areas of the country but at least at that time in SF, the old time regular season ticket holders got the first dibs...we could call the 49r box office and see what was available and it's not much..mostly nose bleed section. There are ticket agencies and other such groups that go in and buy huge blocks of seats to sell them to people like us for a huge markup. So you either want 'em or you don't. That's the last time we did that..not JUST because of price, but I found that even though it was fun to be there, I could actually see the game better on TV and I like the commentary on TV. Also, we had binnoculars and I found myself getting really distracted looking at just about everything BUT the game..hmmm..speaking of butts...those running backs have really nice ones...lets hear a cheer for spandex!!!!!!! Anyway, that's as much as I know from my own experience and particularly if a team is really popular, I doubt there are a lot of "deals" out there. They don't have to make "better deals".
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 11:58 AM
jetset1

crefloors~ I'm not the only one who secretly wants to be the team spanker then,lol?

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 12:19 PM

If you are asking about internet ticket brokers then you will be shocked at the prices they ask for better tickets to football/basketball games.

I believe that some if not all NFL teams allow their ticket season holders to sell tickets through the teams website. I know the Chicago Bears do. Again, they are usually at least double and many time even more than that.

My advice, and this has worked beautifully for me, domestically and internationally, is to just arrive at the sporting event at least about 2 hours early and scope out the situation. Don't buy the first tickets you get offered, but just stand around were all the scalpers usually congragate and see what's going on. I've learned that usually within 1/2 hour of the game start, the ticket prices start dropping drastically. I live in Sarasota but I'm a Chicago Bears fan. When Tampa Bucs were the talk of the league, tickets were impossible to get, but we always worked the scalpers to where we were very happy with the prices and always had excellent seats. Couple of years ago we bought 2 Club seats on the 40 for $20 under the face value. Air conditioned bars, drink service at the seat, etc...

I did this in many cities in US and also for soccer games in Europe. Never walked away disappointed, although I will admit that maybe couple of times I did end up with a seat in the 3rd or 4th level. Still had a great time and saved tons of money this way.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 02:12 PM

That's actually a good idea..I'd forgotten about the scalpers and they were everywhere!!!!!! The other thing is, for good seats, there aren't too many agencies etc. interested in selling sigle game tickets, so..AAFrequentFlyer probably came up with the best advice.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 03:12 PM
jetset1

Originally, I was interested in the hotel/ticket combos. If anyone has leads, let me know, J.

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 03:15 PM

Then why didn't you say so?