Good, romantic restaurant in Albany, N.Y.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:58 AM
Nicole

Good, romantic restaurant in Albany, N.Y.

Can anyone recommend a good and romantic restaurant in (or close to) Albany, N.Y. ?

We will be going to Saratoga on saturday and Tanglewood on sunday but we will spend friday
night in Albany. Thanks.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 08:44 AM
sandy

Nicole, where in the Albany area are you staying? At one of the Wolf Road area hotels or actually in the city? In the city, our favorite special occasion restaurant is Justin's. It's small, but the food and menu are always excellent and the servers are very knowledgable. I think that later on Friday nights they usually have a jazz band (just for listening, though, the place doesn't have room for dancing). The menu is seasonal and usually has an eclectic mix (French/Asian/Carribean). It is a fairly small place, and some tables are a little close together, but not uncomfortably so. You WILL need a reservation for a Friday evening. If you're taking a cab from the airport area hotels, tell them Justins on Lark Street. It's a pretty popular place for downtown Albany.

I can't really think of anyplace else that we've been to that I'd consider "romantic". There are tons of restaurants in the area, but we have our list of favorites that we usually stick with. Hopefully you'll get some more suggestions. Another restaurant we ate at recently is Milano's in Latham (closer to airport area). Nice Italian place. I'll repost with the numbers for them in a little bit.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 10:10 AM
nicole

sandy, thank you. Justin's seems to be exactly what we're looking for. If there is music it will be ever better, we love jazz and it would be super. If you have the phone number handy I'd gladly take it and make a reservation.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 12:49 PM
sandy

The phone number is 518-436-7008. They have a website if you want to check out the menu:

http://www.global2000.net/justins/

Have a nice trip to the area!

PS - I don't work for Justin's; it's just a place that I enjoy going to.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 03:15 PM
Kathy

Depends what you like-- I DO like Justin's but don't think of it as "romantic"...a quieter place around the corner would be "Stephanies on the Park"...You might want to try dinner at Stephanies and then go to Justin for drinks and music.