Good places to stay BTW BOS and Cape

Old Jul 21st, 2005, 08:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good places to stay BTW BOS and Cape

My family and I will be arriving at Logan at about 7PM on a Friday in August. Our end distination is Harwich on the Cape. We need a place to stay the first night. We will be traveling with a small child. Looking for a place that is safe and convenient. Some character would be nice too. Thanks in advance. Mark
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:04 AM

But Harwich is only about 90 minutes from Boston, maybe 2 hours with traffic. Are you sure it would be worth the trouble? There are a couple of new hotels right off the highway in Quincy.
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:59 AM
gc

Let's see...getting in at 7, probably in your car by 8. You'll be at the tail end of weekend traffic, so 90 minutes may be optimistic.

If it were me, I'd stay near the airport and leave early on Sat.
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:24 AM
Cassandra

Seems to me the question takes all this into account and is a decent solution -- where to stay the gets you out of Boston/Boston hotel prices and puts you in a good position to whiz down to Harwich first thing Sat. morning -- esp. if you can't get into your cottage rental until Sat.?

Suggest you look at Plymouth area, just off Rte. 3, where there are some of the chains -- Radisson, Comfort, etc.

Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:41 AM

There is a Marriott in Quincy and a Sheraton in Braintree. Both on the way to the Cape. But if you drive down on Saturday please be aware that some of the worst traffic is on Saturday morning as this is when the cottages turn over.
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 10:01 AM

If your cottage won't be ready tillSat. stay in Plymouth. close to the bridge, and scenic in its own right. Maybe do Plymouth Plantation in the A.M.- or the waterfront- if so, travel late on Saturday-afdter 3.p.m., for by that time, most of the heavy traffice over the bridge will have abated. It's only an hour fifteen or thirty minutes to Harwich.
Enjoy your stay!
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the information. Plymouth sounds like a nice place to stay and offers some good Lobster eating for an overnight stopover on our way to the cape. We will be traveling with a small child and would it would be ideal to find a hotel/suite type of place where there are 2 rooms. One with a bed and one where we can set up a crib with a door between the 2. Kid makes funny noises when he sleeps! We just need a room for one night. Any suggestions?