Good Breakfast Fishermans Wharf area

Mar 17th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

Good Breakfast Fishermans Wharf area

Looking for a few places that offer good inexpensive breakfasts. We will be staying in the Fishermans Warf Area (The Tuscan Inn) for 4 nights and want someplace to get a good breakfast while there. Open to anything in the F W area or close.
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:04 AM

Will you have children with you?

There's a great little diner in Ghirardelli Square - Lori's Diner.
Mar 17th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

no children...just us 20--somethings.
Mar 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM

Trust me on this. The BEST place in all of SF for breakfast is at the NE corner of Washington Square Park, which is not even a long walk from Tuscan Inn. It's called Mama's -- and often voted BEST breakfast in San Francisco. Do not be put off by the line outside. It is organized and moves pretty quickly. Inside you order at the counter and they seat you, then bring your food to you. Everything they serve is amazing -- just trying to choose from among the baked goods will drive you nuts.

Here's just one review website, you can google and find many others.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=2171
Mar 17th, 2007, 02:43 PM

I second the Mama's recommendation. I live 20 minutes South of SF and will drive up there Sunday mornings just for brunch.
Mar 17th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Our wait at Mama's on a Sunday morning was nearly an hour but well worth it!! The sour dough cinnamon raisin French toast was delicious. We also enjoyed Permanigo's Cafe nearer the wharf on Columbus. Real quirky but good food and coffee. Both run in the $10-$15 price range.

Have fun - love San Francisco!
Mar 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM

I would strongly suggest avoiding Mama's on Saturday or Sunday. Locals flock to the place, but fortunately most of them work Monday through Friday so the wait for breakfast becomes minimal. We ate there three or four times during our two week stay in an apartment near by. We went during the week and I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes.
Mar 18th, 2007, 07:44 AM

Mama's is great however I like the Buena Vista. Nothing like sloshing down an Irish coffee with my Eggs and sausage. Then again...the Ramos Fizz with Scrambled eggs isn't too shabby either. For someone in their 20's I think the atmosphere trumps the food!
Mar 20th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Kal

The restaurant in the Tuscan Inn, Cafe Pescatore is a good place to have b'fast.
The 3-4 times we've stayed there we start the day off there.

Ditto john/dorf on The Buena Vista. We tried to eat there Sunday a.m. but too many darn annoying "12k Across the Bay" runners filled the place up. :-"

We've had b'fast at The Argonaut Hotel's "Blue Mermaid" the past two years after the other "12ks" since The BV was too crowded...sat out on the porch and enjoyed good meals.