Reload this Page >

Golf weekend for hubby's 40th

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:04 PM
lori

Looking for a place to send my husband with his buddies for golfing weekend. In the past they've enjoyed Myrtle Beach. Looking for something closer maybe as the flights into Myrtle were cost-prohibitive. Most of his budddies will be coming from Philly area. We live in Raleigh though. They'd be going last weekend in Sept.
Thanks!
Lori

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Deb L.

Did you look into The Balsams in northern New Hampshire? I think their URL is www.thebalsams.com. It's an all inclusive resort, golf included. Magnificent place-the food is outstanding. I've traveled all over the world and was never so impressed with the overall quality of staff, accommodations, and atmosphere. We went there 3 years ago. The only drawback might be that this place is in the wilderness. The only night time activity is at the resort itself (they have a night club). There are two golf courses. My husband was extremely impressed. I suggest the group flies into Manchester, New Hampshire then drives up. I believe that The Balsams is rated as one of the best golf resorts in the country. It's pricey, but believe me when I tell you that "you get what you pay for" fits here. Good luck.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Pam

Try the Lodge on St Simons Island. It is GEORGEOUS! It sits on 2 courses and there is another close by. My husband and I went over the 4th of July weekend. I think the courses we played were Plantation and Seaside.

Another favorite area of my husband and his buddies is Pinehurst - I believe its in Alabama (not sure because I never get invited!)

Enjoy!

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Pam

http://www.golflodge.com/Content/ContentCT.asp?P=17 This is the website for the Lodge. I would HIGHLY recommend it!

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:36 AM
clayton

OK--I think if it's a bunch of husbands (like when I go golfing with my buddies for the weekend) we generally like to go somewhere with a little more action a night, which is why Myrtle Beach is a good option. The Seaview Resort near the NJ shore is an incredible course and beautiful resort which is a quick trip to the gambling of Atlantic City. For more of a traditional resort atmosphere, try Kingmill Resort in Williamsburg or the new Hyatt Chesapeake resort in Cambridge, MD.