Reload this Page >

Going to Maui...any suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Lolly

Have been to Oahu twice and am going to Maui for the first time with friends. What is the one thing I shouldn't miss besides, the volcano at sunrise. Thanks.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 03:33 AM
Jeannine

My husband and I have been to Maui twice, most recently in Jan. 2001. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Kaanapali. Large, comfortable suites. Breakfast & happy hour included every day.

Both times we did a day trip to Lanai with Trilogy excursions. It is a great day of sailing, snorkeling, etc. The staff is a lot of fun - breakfast and lunch is included. They also include a tour of the island of Lanai. I don't know when you are going, but if you have the opportunity to do any type of whale watching cruise, it is well worth it - we went on Pacific Whale Foundation. I think whale watching season is Dec.-March. We have also done a helicopter tour - a great way to see some of the lush, green portions of the island.

We really enjoyed Maui both times and would go back again!

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 03:50 AM
Been there twice

Maui is fantastic, you will definitely enjoy it. We went again this past June. We stayed at the Plantation Inn in Lahaina and it was perfect! The staff was exceptional, it's like you're in your own little paradise. We did the Paragon sailing trip to Lanai, great staff and great trip. Also if you go to see the sunrise at top of the Haleakala crater use ALOHA BICYCLE TOURS. They don't hurry you down the mountain like all the other tours. It is a family run business and it is a fantastic trip. They have a very informative web site it is: www.mauibike.com Marc and his wife are great. Upon the end of your trip you have a picnic lunch, which Marc's wife brings to your final destination The Tedeschi Winery. It is by far the best!! Enjoy your trip

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 08:40 AM
Lili

I was in Maui two years ago, staying in the Ritz Carlton. The Ritz was truly beautiful, overlooking the lush golf course and the ocean.

Beside seeing the awesome sunrise I would highly recommend the day trip called The Road to Hanna.

Also if going for the morning sunrise Please be sure to dress Very Warmly, as the 11,000 ft elevation will greet you with strong winds and an amazing temperature. A great memory maker.
Good luck and happy traverling

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:26 AM
Cliff

Lolly,

My wife and I did most of the
"gotta do" things while on Maui
2 years ago this month. Did sunrise
at the volcano, went whale watching,
etc..but I wouldn't miss doing a
heli-trek. We booked with Hawaii
Helicopters. Drove our rental car
to the airport then jumped in their
custom van. A very knowledgeable,
friendly and funny guide drove the
van on the road to Hana stopping at
water falls and at a black sand
beach to swim. After arriving in Hana
you are served lunch then driven to
the heli-pad for a great airborne
ride over the lush vegatation, next
to waterfalls, over the ocean to
look for whales ( we spotted some)
and back to the airport. The helicopter
ride is video taped for you to purchase.
We picked-up a discount coupon in Lahaina. Sometimes just driving the
rental car to see what's around the next
corner can be fun..especially on Maui.
Have fun Lolly!