What to pack for Austin in May

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 04:49 AM
Shannon

What to pack for Austin in May

I'm vacationing in Austin around the middle of May and I need a little help deciding what to pack. Please tell me how hot it gets and what I should bring. Do I need more than a light jacket at night?

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 06:53 AM
lisa

I was there last May and it was already beastly hot & humid. I doubt you'll need any long sleeves at all, even at night.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:24 AM
Christie

Be sure and check the weather on the Internet before you come down. May can be chilly, or it can be hot. It is very hard to make a prediction! Just to be safe, I'd bring a light jacket, but I'd also pack some lightweight clothes as well.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:52 AM
Linda

If lisa thinks it is hot in May, she should come in August (no humidity though). May is nice, usually around 80's-but as Christie, it can be up or down from that. What you will have to watch for is the air conditioning. It may be short sleeve weather outside but rather chilly inside. We do love our air conditioning (premise for which was invented by a woman). Hope you have a great time. Try www.traveltex.com for more information.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 09:46 AM
Shannon

Thanks for the tips! Someone told me it's been in the 70s recently and people are cutting their grass already! That's amazing! I'll check out traveltex.com.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:10 AM
Connie

Shannon do you have your hotel reservations yet? If you are planning to visit during UT graduation weekend it might be hard to find a room. Bring a jacket for the over-airconditioned buildings.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:56 AM
Shannon

Connie,

Yes, I do have reservations. I called a few hotels just to get rates and found out that graduation is the same weekend that I'll be there. I'm glad I called!
I'll bring a light jacket or sweater just in case, but it sounds like I'll need my summer clothes, too!

Thanks!