Reload this Page >

Godfadda Workout NYC

Search

Godfadda Workout NYC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Ben

Godfadda Workout NYC

Has anyone seen "The Godfadda Workout" at the American Place Theater on West 46th Street? Comments and any discount codes etc. would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Ellen

Yes! i saw it 3 weeks ago and loved it--laughed myself silly. It is a one man show and he plays all the parts in the Godfather. If you liked the movie, you will love this. Even if you didn't see the movie, you have to appreciate this guy's antics. I have been recommending it to all my friends. Can't help you with discounts though, sorry.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 06:35 AM
carole

If you join playbill.com (membership is free), there is currently an offer of $30 tickets to The Godfadda Workout (reg. price $50). Good for shows through April 14th; tickets must be bought by March 31.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Ben

Hi - Glad to hear that someone saw the show & enjoyed it! I do belong to Playbill.com, but our travel plans are for the week of April 21. I was thinking of using my Entertainment Book Coupon for the American Place Theater, but asked for addition discount options because we will have a rather large group with us. Thanks!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:43 AM
Howard

This morning's NY Times gave the show a very favorable writeup.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:02 AM
carole

We saw it this past weekend and really enjoyed it (and the understudy was on that night...) - including the 15 y.o. with us who had not seen the movie. Very clever and amusing. Now I understand why it's called workout.

I will say knowing the movie probably increases the enjoyment because there's no explanation of who the characters are (Tom, Kaye, etc.). You can still get the gist of it but will miss some of the humor.