Girls Weekend...Fall '14

Jun 13th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Girls Weekend...Fall '14

Hello! I'm looking for a girls weekend destination. We are a group of 7 ladies from different cities (San Diego, LA, San Fransico, Houston, NY) looking for a weekend get away. We don't necessarily want to go somewhere and spend a lot of money shopping...being from NYC a getway isn't days of shopping. A place we could do an airbnb of a luxury home would be great. Doesn't have to be a beach location, but it can. Some places I had thought about: CA Wine Country, Key West, Vegas, Miami, Savannah. Any other thoughts? I'm being super vague becuase I don't want to count anything out.
Jun 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM

Santa Fe.
Jun 13th, 2014, 06:58 PM
ltt

i don't think you can go wrong with vegas. there is something for everyone and you can usually get good flights from most cities and if you can go for 3 nights, that's usually enough. palm springs...relaxing around the pool (especially nice if you rent a house...make sure the pool is heated), shopping for those who want it, take the tram up, go to joshua tree for some nature. new orleans.
Jun 14th, 2014, 05:17 AM

I would go with Savannah or Charleston.
Jun 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Uma

I would second Santa Fe.
Jun 16th, 2014, 04:40 AM

Santa Fe or Charleston for me.
Jun 16th, 2014, 08:32 AM

Charleston gets my vote every time. Stay in the historic district and walk everywhere. Lots and lots of restaurants from very high end to little courtyard pubs - all unique. Shop the market for unique foods and items (yeah, there are plenty of tee shirts to be had, but so, so much more). Walk the battery, tour one of the historic homes and enjoy the ambience.
Jun 16th, 2014, 09:06 AM

Go to Aspen, CO, for the Fall colors.
Jun 16th, 2014, 11:56 AM

We really liked Santa Fe, went 3 times at different times of the year. The summer is nice, they have the Indian markets and also the opera is on as well.
Wine country is pricy if you go to Napa, many places charge $25 per tasting. But California has lots of other nice wine areas like right outside of Santa Barbara, in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Santa Fe
Palm Springs/Palm Desert
Healdsburg, CA
Mendocino
New Orleans, except it will still be beastly hot and humid through September, so timing is everything
Aspen
Montreal

Now that I think on it, Montreal may be my favorite idea.
Jun 16th, 2014, 12:41 PM

"New Orleans, except it will still be beastly hot and humid through September, so timing is everything"

Charleston and Savannah will be as well.
Jun 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM

We rented a great house from AirBnB in New Orleans last December. It would be perfect for a group of friends.

That said, I would choose the California Wine Country.
Jun 16th, 2014, 02:04 PM

If you weren't sold on a house - this place is FABULOUS and made for a girls weekend! Depending on how many of you there are, I think there are large units/villas available. All meals, classes, activities included and a great spa. Fly into LAS and 2 hour drive or fly into St. George.

http://www.redmountainresort.com/
Jun 16th, 2014, 09:10 PM

I was thinking Biltmore until I clicked on DebitNM's link above. Can I sign up? I want to go to Red Mountain Resort.
Jun 16th, 2014, 09:34 PM

Sure you can! It is a fantastic place for a retreat, a girls weekend or even a place to go alone. I went for 5 days in May of 2013. I went alone, looking to recharge and regroup. They have community tables if you are by yourself and don't want to eat alone. I made some great friends doing just that, and we are still in touch! Of course, you can eat alone if you prefer.
There are hammocks scattered amongst the grounds where you an read and relax. A little hidden pool, and 2 other large outdoor ones and an indoor one.
Almost every class is included in the daily price, along with 3 great meals a day. There are lectures, and day trips. I loved it there. I did a great cooking class amd there were free cooking demos everyday. And the spa! Ahhh.

It does get hot in the summer, so plan accordingly.
Jun 17th, 2014, 04:19 AM

Sooo many choices. Denver? Chicago? Park City - just outside of Salt Lake? Seattle? Portland? Jackson Hole? Sedona - an hour or so North of Phoenix. Palm Desert?

And on and on.
Jun 17th, 2014, 08:29 AM

I think that's why she asked for help, Tomsd.

This place in Santa Fe looks awesome:
http://www.santafehobbithouse.com/index.htm

Search this Thread