Getting from Disney World to Universal Studios and back

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be coming to Florida in March 2012 (spring break) with our two grandchildren. We want to stay onsite at Disney World, but would also like to visit Universal Studios. We will not have a car. How can we do both? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 07:43 PM

You coul rent a car for the day, but I suspect one of the shuttle services provides transport. Other people do this. There are also taxis, but they are very expensive.
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 03:37 AM

wdwinfo.com there are shuttles

personally always save carrentals.com

cheap econo at the airport pay for my entire week

with shuttle/taxi cost to from hotel with a family
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Here's a link that might help too. I've used this company before and there are very reputable and I would recommend them: http://www.viator.com/tours/Orlando/...-3188ORLHTLPRK
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 11:08 AM

As others have stated, transportation in and around Orlando is expensive. Rent a cheap car for the week. You will be glad that you did. Being able to run to Publix to purchase snacks and drinks for the room will save you quite a bit. Staying on-site at a Disney property is fine but after a few days having a car will be a helpful if you want to dine or shop in areas outside Disney.
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM
JJ5

I've done this with a daughter- just the two of us.

We stayed on Disney property and got to Universal and Sea World easily without renting a car. To Downtown Disney/night club area too.

And it was not expensive, nor were there long waits. patandhank has probably given you the web site of one of those services. I know a particular one that we used was Marriott associated and did a run from 3 or 5 properties (Disney- golf course areas) every half hour or so.

We did not need a car and it would have been a negative upon Disney property, IMHO. They have excellent transport between and in all the entities, even Animal Kingdom. And in such a way that you avoid all that wasted time in parking lots etc. Just like having a car in Manhatten or in downtown SF, I thought the car was an absolute negative when we had one there. It costs to park and run, and you just won't use it for any time period that would be worth the car's rental ($$).

Only if you plan on going to other areas outside Orlando- like Blue Spring State Park, to see the manatees or some such. Then you will need a vehicle.