Getting around in S.F.

Search

Getting around in S.F.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting around in S.F.

My boyfriend and I are driving from Northern California to San Francisco for a three night stay. Unfortunatly, the parking available for our hotel is a parking garage at a rate of $30.00 for a 24 hour period with no in/out privledges. We will be attending a conference daily at the Moscone Center. What are our best options for parking, getting to and from the Moscone Center from the Embarcadero, as well as entertainment at night. Any suggestions to limit our costs and increase our ability to get around the city in what is forcast to be bad weather would be greatly appreciated. HELP!!!
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:35 AM
Neopolitan

I don't know your route, but what about parking at one of the outlying BART stations -- Oakland for example is $5 a day? Take BART in and save a lot. You'd be better off without your car in the city anyway.
Gee, I'd walk from Moscone to the Embarcadero, normally.

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:39 AM

You can park your car out on the avenues (making sure that you are not parked on a cleaning day) near the ocean and take the MUNI to downtown. The N-Judah line (Judah is one of the avenues going to the ocean) is probably the best for that. The parking is free, the fare is $1.50 per person. Moscone Center and the Embarcadero are within walking distance of each other.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. I'm really inexperienced in San Francisco. I'm really excited about the trip but this parking and transportation issue is a little overwhelming. Bart/Muni is for day parking only? Right? And I heard it is limited. Will this be a problem? Also do you suggest I using the hotel parking garage at night and park at the Bart/Muni station during the day. I apologize but I'm really confused?
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Oh I forgot...we will be arriving in San Francisco around 9pm Thursday and staying in San Francisco until Sunday evening....if this helps
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:06 AM

On Sat & Sun the 2 hr sticker parking for areas close to downtown does not apply. It also does not apply after 6:00pm - so Thursday, and Friday till 6 are the only problems.

After 4:00 on Friday, you could park out in Pacific Heights, for example, and take one of the many busses downtown on those days. Along the N-Judah & J-Church route there are some non-sticker spots where you could park for the entire duration. There is street sweeping restrictions on one side of the street on certain days of the week (not Sat or Sun).

Stu Dudley
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, that helps a lot...I appreciate the input