Gaylord Palm Resort, Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2007, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you been? I'm looking for feeback on the Gaylord Palm Resort in Florida. DH has a meeting there in February and would love to hear more about it. I searched this site but found only a restaurant recommendation / review. Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM

Attending a meeting there in November. The huge indoor "biodome" like grounds are amazing and include many types of small shops. The meeting facilities in terms of large ballrooms and tables and chairs were just average. The room was nice had great A/C and balcony view and had free internet as part of our meeting, and free flight check in and boarding pass printing near the lobby. There are shuttles to Disney, and a daily parking fee. Outside there is a pool with waterslide for the young at , and past the miniature golf course, a large adult pool and jacuzzi. We ate at the Key West restaurant and the fish was deliciously fresh.
Feel free to ask more
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 10:28 AM

I have not stayed at the Gaylord Palms but have visited a friend who stayed there for a business meeting. It is a big, beautiful hotel.

It is located near I-4 & U.S. highway 192 in Kissimmee. You will need a car if you want to do anything while your DH is in his meetings, as nothing is within walking distance. For more information about the area, go to <http://www.floridakiss.com/index.php>.
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, both!

Miniature golf? I love miniature golf! I don't yet know whether or not we'll have a car. The meeting is four nights only so it's possible we may not. Thanks for the tip on the shuttle and the restaurant. They may have a captive audience in us so I'm glad to read the food is good!
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 02:12 PM

Hotel website with more info.:

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordpalms/
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM

AnnMarie, I stayed there last year when DH had a conference there. It is a huge hotel with a large atrium (yes, biodome is probably a better description) that has several areas that are themed like crazy. I liked the St. Augustine area (tho I like the real St. Augustine better!). Rooms were very good, although I've heard that rooms overlooking the atrium can be noisy. Service was also good everywhere I went. Most importantly to me, there is a Canyon Ranch Spa. Ahh.....
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 04:36 PM

AnnMarie, My husband and I stayed there last year while he was on work-related business. We were upgraded to a room with an atrium balcony, and it was great! The room was really nice; there is wireless internet in the room. We had turndown service every night (we didn't request this, so I'm not sure if they do it automatically or not).
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 07:35 PM

There are several miniature golf courses in the general area but you'll need a car to get to them. I'm not sure what taxi cabs cost these days, but that's an option if you don't have a car.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:52 AM

Hi Anne Marie -
Didnl' stay there but walked through while staying nearby. As mentioned, the loation is pretty much in the middle of nowhere - seems to be a Gaylord strategy to keep guests on property and buying, usually at inflested "resort" prices. Physical structure was very nice - did not see rooms but at other Gaylord properties they are nicely furnished, adequately roomy if not overly spacious. For a four day meeting you could well spend all your time on property - just be prepared for the prices.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone!

Happy New Year, Seamus!