GA/LA/AR--can we meet in the middle?

May 21st, 2006, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

GA/LA/AR--can we meet in the middle?

I'm looking into possible locations for 3 siblings, their spouses and kids to get together during the Christmas holidays for just a few days. There will be 6 adults(3 men, 3 women)and 5 kids (4 are under the age of 3). We are spread out between Georgia, Arkansas, and Louisiana so we know driving will be involved. I'd like to keep this budget friendly and would like some ideas of places where we could possibly have privacy for each family. We normally take turns going to one another's homes but I think we're getting too big to all fit now.

Since there are several little ones involved, I'd like somewhere that offers something to do or see during the day or evening but nothing that would require an all day type of deal (we have to get naps in for these kids!). I will admit that we all have different interests, so I'm not looking for one perfect place that will provide everyone with what they would ideally want. I just need some ideas to share with the others and thought some of you might be able to help. I've considered the Gulf Shores area but wonder if there would be things to do during the day and evening without being able to swim. I'm open to other states and possibilites as well. Thanks!
May 21st, 2006, 02:45 PM

What about Nashville or Memphis?
May 22nd, 2006, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for those suggestions. My husband and I go to Memphis frequently for weekend trips. I've never been to Nashville, so can you give a few suggestions about things to do there? Also, do you think we could find affordable/budget friendly places to stay with kitchens or kitchenettes?

Any other suggestions of places to meet and things to do? Thanks!
May 23rd, 2006, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Topping again to see if anyone else has suggestions.

My husband thinks Nashville is out b/c it's too far for the LA folks--they have 3 kids to travel with.

Any other ideas? Thank you!
May 23rd, 2006, 11:36 AM

I think the Gulf Shores or Destin areas would work well.