Reload this Page >

Fun inexpensive lunchdinner in San Fransisco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 05:14 PM
John

I am travelling to San Fransisco this weekend (6/2/00) and would like to find some restaurants to take my 2 sons (23,21) who are not very adventuresome in eating: translation no chineses or sushi. I would like to avoid the national chains if possible since we have most in Atlanta. I am thinking of Mo' Gourmet Hamburger's and Little Joes. Any comments or suggestions.

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 05:36 PM
kam

Both of the above would be good--Mo's for super burgers. Why not just walk around and look at sample menus? There's so much in San Francisco. Would they go for Italian? Another place that comes to mind is Bepple's Pies over on Union Street in Pacific Heights. Alternatively, you could leave them to call for pizza delivery and go out on your own!!

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 05:57 AM
john

Thanks Kam:
I am of and am taking my sons to Mo for lunch and to Bepples for dessert.
Sorry for misspelling San Francisco.

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 07:38 AM
John

We had dinner at Litle Joe's on Broadway in North Beach last night. It was good enough . They served raw garlic with the bread and butter. It is family seating and not too expensive. 4 people with beer was $79 plus tip.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 09:38 AM
kam

John, If you are still in SF, how about Johnny Rockets or the Mad Dog in the Fog over in the Haight--an English/Irish pub. And, I think if they would eat Italian food, Vivande Porta Via on Fillmore St. would be reasonable as well. And, the breakfast place I was trying to come up with is Doidge's on Union. Hope this is not too late.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 03:57 PM
John

Kam:
Thanks, I am back in Atlanta, and had a good trip. I am saving your suggestions for my next trip out to see my son. We tried to have dessert at Bepples but both locations are closed.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 12:09 PM
kam

Oh no, John, Bepples closed?? Permanently, do you think? They were like an institution on Union Street--I wonder what happened.

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 04:40 PM
sfgirl

Not sure where you went but Bepples on Union St. is alive and well. I live nearby - great pies!

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 05:00 PM
kam

sfgirl, I am soooo relieved to hear that Bepple's is alive and well! We live on the Peninsula, but always love going to Bepple's when up in the city. Great peach and blueberry a la mode!

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 06:50 PM
John

Sorry for the misinformation. When we were there I called the Bepples telephone number an the message said that they were closed. I look forward to trying them on my next trip to SF