Ft Myers or Marco Island

Search

Ft Myers or Marco Island

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ft Myers or Marco Island

I have 3days/2nights to kill in one of these cities...which should I choose. I will not be golfing.
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:34 PM

Depends on what you want. M.Island is very quiet and laid back,Marriott had entertainment/good resturants there and a few close. Ft. Myers vs beach. Beach-one end,busy with shops/people, other down by HolidayInn, quiet walking beach, good resturants-MuckyDuck,or Charlie Browns, several seafood near by or with in 5 mi.
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response...I was going to stay at the Marriot Marco Island...but, am thinking of staying at the Pink Shell in Ft Myers...Is that on the busy end or quiet end...I have 3 teenagers who will want plenty of activity.
Old May 5th, 2003, 01:30 PM

Pink Shell is perfect for you. Near Times Square and all the sunset celebrations and lots of teens. Watch out for underage drinking at the Lani Kai, a notorious divey hotel on Fort Myers Beach. Have fun.
Old May 5th, 2003, 01:58 PM

Addendum: stuck in traffic on Ft. Myers Beach on the way to a client I noticed that the Mucky Duck had closed. Lots of other places to eat, nothing spectacular but many nice beachy places. I like the Gulfshore which is my kind of dive. LMF
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:13 PM

I think that Marco Island may not be the place for you since you have kids. It is very quiet and not a lot to do there.
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone who has responded. This is a great format. I have decided to stay at the Pink Shell. I think with the kids its the best bet.

Thanks again!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 08:25 PM

I will be spending 3 weeks in November in Fort Myers. Please offer best advice for hotels to avoid. I have a limited budget but don't want to stay in a dump. Considering the Casa Playa, Ramada Beachfront, or Holiday Inn Riverwalk.
Thanks!
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:19 PM

Be aware that Ft. Myers Beach is an entire separate city from Ft. Myers, which is about 15 miles away.
And yes, I think your teenagers would be way happier on Ft. Myers Beach than on Marco.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:35 PM
mrt

Fort Meyers sucks. Captiva and Sanible Island near Ft. Meyers is quite nice. Don't confuse the two. The Marco Island Mariott is an hour south and is more active than your choice but I don't think marco Island is that great. If forced to choose between Ft. meyers and MI or would select MI. Check out Naples proper also.
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:55 PM

mrt, I'd have to agree partly with you. I'd even choose Marco Island over Ft. Myers Beach in a minute -- for myself. But the key to this question was that spetro has three teenagers. I'll stand by my opinion that in this case Ft. Myers Beach will be much better for them than Marco Island.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 06:05 PM

Hi everyone,

thought I'd pop a ? in here since this tread is busy and I'm having a hard time with hotels.

Myself, hubby, and 3 children ages 11,9, and 6 will be flying into Ft. Myers Feb 28 for 6 nights.

I have a car rental, but no hotels yet. I can't figure out what to do. I was thinking of staying in Ft. Myers Beach but can't figure out a hotel that's not $$$$.

Then I was thinking of staying 2-3 nights at one place and 2-3 nights someplace else.

any ideas PLEASE.
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 04:20 AM

Eloha: You can always stay at a Hampton Inn or Country Inn & Suites a few miles away for a few nights, than something on the Beach for later. Did you try Lover's Key Resort? It is at the south end of Ft. Myers beach, large sudio with kitchenettes. Alos Estero beach resort is a condo complex with rentals. FYI, Judy