Search

Ft. Lauderdale Weeknight Stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ft. Lauderdale Weeknight Stay

Greetings:

I want to plan a one or two night romantic stay at a Ft. Lauderdale resort/hotel for me and my hubby. It would be during a weeknight Tues or Wed.

I heard good things about the Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort & Spa but it seems super expensive.

I heard others talking about using priceline or hotwire for very cheap rates for this place.

Can anyone offer any suggestions about how to find cheap rates for Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Or offer any other suggestions for romantic/lush places in Ft. Lauderdale?

Anyone have comments about The Westin Fort Lauderdale or The Bonaventure Resort & Spa

Thanks!!

Looking to take trip in March.
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 06:54 PM

You may want to look into the Lago Mar (www.lagomar.com) Beautiful property right on the beach.
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:57 AM

For one night during the week, you can most likely get a decent rate just about anywhere on Priceline. However, this is spring in Ft Lauderdale and the hotels are filling up fast. If you want to try this, get a refundable reservation at a place you'd like to stay and then a week before you leave try to bid on a room at Marriott Harbor Beach (Beach/Resort category on Priceline)or Hyatt Pier 66 (Beach/4*) You might be surprised and get the room for a good rate if they aren't booked up.

Check out your credit cards for special deals on Marriott, Radisson, etc. I know VISA has a "VISABUY1" code you can use to get the Radisson Bahia Mar. You end up getting it for 2 nights for the price of 1 night. When I used it, I called the toll free number to arrange for the room. TIP: when you arrive, ask for a room 7th floor or above overlooking the marina & ocean (north view) and you'll get the best of both worlds as far as looking outside. The only thing I don't like about this hotel is that the balconies are single-file only (about 2' deep, so they are standing room only.)

You can get the Hyatt Pier 66 for around $85/night on Priceline. Bid on BEACH 4* properties, it's the only hotel in this category accepting bids.

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort is going for about $180/night on Priceline and that's probably for a room with a not so great view. For the difference of $100/night you can enjoy a romantic dinner at a top notch restaurant (ask your concierge to recommend a place.)

And don't forget to take the Water Taxi (picks you up at Pier 66 & their home base is next door to Radisson Bahia Mar) it's a great way to get around Ft. Lauderdale without a car ($5 pp/per day.)

Hope this info helps you!

PS: I also love the Marina Marriott (Downtown 3*) especially the rooms overlooking the pool and the intracoastal. This is where I watched the boats go by in the morning.
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 09:27 AM

I did just try the visa 2 for one but they are not offering it during my stay. When are you planning on going? But that is a great tip. Also, while signing up for the Hyatt Gold Passport, they also had a similar incentive with Mastercard.
Tip on Pricleine, read, read, read all the info on Biddingfor travel, it really helps. What price range are you looking for?
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 09:31 AM

Heartburn, it looks as though you have visisted alot of these places, what time of the day would you recommend arriving at the hotel, (when it is near full) if check-in is at 4, to request the best rooms?
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:03 PM

I try to get there between 1pm & 2pm to beat out the people who wait until the actual check-in time. Staff will know by then who has checked out and when the rooms that are not made up will be available for occupancy.
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your tips. I don't want to spend more than $200 for the night.

I have never used Priceline before, but looks like I may take a try.

Thanks Heartburn3 for the detailed and very helpful info!