Reload this Page >

FT. Lauderdale: Weather in June?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:56 PM
Susan

I have to be in Ft. Lauderdale during the 1st week in June. What can I expect in terms of weather during that time?

Old May 3rd, 2002, 04:56 PM
Catherine

80's little if any rain -

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:33 PM
Jo

UPPER 80's and some afternoon thunderstorms. Hurricane season begins June 1, which means humid unstable air.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:25 PM
Patrick

Just be aware that upper 80's in Florida in June also means nearly a 90% humidity -- so it is very hot. Drove to Lauderdale this morning on business with the top down from 7 to 9 AM -- it was wonderful. There was no way I could drive back this afternoon without air-conditioning, even at 75 miles an hour -- it is already very hot and humid!!!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:39 PM
A.M.

We are in the midst of a drought down here in Florida, In June it will definitely be hot but it may not be as humid as usual.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:04 PM
Susan

To A.M. can@dian: I am Canadian 2! Are you really Canadian or just using a cute email address? I have noticed some of your prior posts & was wondering b/c your address caught my eye.

Thanks to all who have responded! Hope I get a chance to enjoy some of that Florida sun while I am in FLL in June. It is still freezing here in Canada!

Old May 4th, 2002, 06:57 AM
l

it's hot in south florida in june. Hot! but everything is air conditioned so you sweat from car to destination and then cool off and then sweat again going back to your car. Dress appropriately - not the catologue summer clothing suggestions - dress for the heat (90 and humid) it rains a lot in south florida but for short periods of time and it's still hot during the rain, sometimes it's still sunny during the rain. don't cancel any plans because of the rain because it's usually raining in one small section and the neighboring area never sees rain. Proceed with plans because even if it is raining where you are heading, chances are it will stop and dry up by the time you get there.

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen.....cool clothes

Are you coming for beach vacation, business, what????

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Will

I have lived in Ft Lauderdale all my life and it's not that hot! It will be probably 86-89, sunny in the AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, maybe a short t-storm and then clear again towards the evening and 75-80 and humid at night.