Reload this Page >

Dude Ranch/Jackson Hole area

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Brit

Trying to find upper scale Ranch within 40 minutes of Jackson Hole. Recommended to stay at Lost Creek- but no cabins avail. Any suggestions. Does not have to be a spa as Lost Creek is, just great food/service & hospitality, with fishing,horses,etc

Old May 4th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Dayle

hi Brit!

Wyoming & Montana have so many dude ranches it's amazing!

Have you tied searching the internet? I know there are lots of listings. Also, the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce will be able to recommend the ones in that area.

My personal recommendation is for The Bitterroot Ranch just outside the town of Dubois, WY. About an hour 1/2 drive from Jackson.

It's not fancy, but definitely classy. Cabins on the Wind River with fireplaces, meals served family-style in the ranch house. Wine & hors d' ouvres on the porch in the late afternoon. Wonderful, ranch-bred Arabian stock, fly fishing in the river, riding instruction & a cross country jumping course. English or Western tack - your choice.

This is not a resort "dude" ranch. No tennis, square dancing, shopping, spa treatments. Just the most incredible scenery and good company. Many international guests & many expert horsemen/women. They only take 35 guests/week, but will divide riding groups up according to ability.

They own a company called Equitours that does riding vacations all around the world. As you can tell, I'm a fan. One of the best vacations, I've ever had!

Old May 4th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Dayle

Just did a quick search & found this site:

www.dudranches.com

Has hundreds of listings in the US & Canada, including several in the Jackson area. Moran is in the Jackson area.

Happy trails!

Old May 4th, 2002, 02:17 PM
lcuy

try www.ranchweb.com or the book by Eugene kilgore " Ranch Vacations". I believe the web site is owned by him too.

Old May 4th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Brit

I have searched the internet for the last few weeks. Have found a few ranches as possibilities. Thanks for the additional websites. I have used 1 or 2 of them but the new ones will help in my search. Is anyone familiar with the Gros Ventre River Ranch or Moose Head Ranch?