Ft. Lauderdale - need a restaurant!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would appreciate suggestions for a great restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale - looking an oceanfront restaurant, with a nice ambiance for my boyfriend's birthday. Preferrably a Steak/Seafood place that is moderately priced, not very expensive $30 or so per entree. Thanks!
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 03:33 PM

You might consider Ocean 3030 located in the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. We stayed at the Marriott harbor last Novemeber, but didn't eat at the restaurant. I'm not a seafood person. I heard a lot of people like there food. The hotel is located right on the ocean so you should have a view of the ocean from the restaurant. Restaurant has glass walls.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 03:55 PM

I think 3030 Ocean is a great idea. We have eaten there several times there and think the food is exceptionally good, the room is attractive with great ocean views (across a terrace) and it was not unreasonably expensive.

http://www.3030ocean.com/3030menu.cfm
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

While the restaurant and menu look very nice for my taste, my boyfriend likes steak - a lot, which i don't see on the menu. After all, it's for his birthday. I guess I should have specified - a place with really good steak! I will definitely keep 3030 in mind though maybe for another night.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 09:41 PM

I guess I'm confused why you are looking for an oceanfront restaurant. Is this soon, when it will be dark after 7 PM? Is there something special about staring out into the blackness of night? Frankly, restaurants on the intracoastal or bay areas are far more scenic as at least you have something to look at.
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 04:24 AM

Hi! For an oceanfront restaurant, I would recommend The Sea Watch, in Lauderdale By The Sea...just north of Ft. Lauderdale Beach. The food is pretty good, the atmosphere is the big draw though.

You could also go to Jackson's Steakhouse on Las Olas...it's expensive, but you should be able to get an entree for $30 each...maybe a la carte though. After dinner you could walk along Las Olas...fun, trendy area, but not on the ocean.

You could also go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on US 1 in Ft. Lauderdale...good Steak/Seafood..it's not on the ocean.

One last choice, Charlie's Crab on the Intracoastal...lovely setting.

There are a lot of good Steak/Seafood restaurants, but not necessary with a view!
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 05:14 AM

If you go on the intracoastal waterway ...Shooters is awesome....it was so beautiful watching the yachts and looking at the homes. We ate all meals out and this place is number 1 to us. Charlie's Crab was way overpriced and the food wasn't up to par with the price!
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 08:08 AM

This should be a no-brainer. Shula's Steakhouse right on Ft. Lauderdale beach. There is an outdoor patio too overlooking the beach if the weather is good...which it usually is. And of course Shula's is purely a steakhouse...ooooh it's so good.
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 08:47 PM

Shula's should be what you are looking for. And afterwards, you can walk along the beach. It's located in the Yankee Trader and they have a walkway over the street to the beach, which is nice because that is the only area of the beach with lights shining toward the water, so even at night you should have a nice ocean breeze and view! I'm not a steak eater, so I can't comment on the steaks, but I'm sure they are good.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 05:40 AM

Thanks for replying everyone! I was going to ask the same question because my boyfriend just got a job and we are celebrating in in Fort Lauderdale and I was going to look for a steak place this week. Heading to FLL 2/14-2/18.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 01:17 PM

If you go through Priceline for a Ft Lauderdale Beach 3 star property, you might get the Sheraton Yankee Trader. If you don't have a place yet, you might want to consider this option.

Congrats to your b/f for his new job. The weather should be great this weekend. It's a beautiful day today!!