Reload this Page >

Ft Lauderdale Restaurant?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:57 AM
kelly

Any recommendations for good food and atmosphere?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:21 AM
cd

Kelly
If you want casual, we ate at the "Ugly Tuna" Los Olas Riverfront. It's NOT upscale, but the food was good and the atmosphere great as you can sit in a two seated glider and look out over the river.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:46 AM
xxx

If you want upscale dining, Charlies Crab is excellent. You can watch the people pull up on there boats and have dinner. A nice place also, is Bimbiny Boatyard.(??) It is in a shopping center right before you cross the draw bridge. (I may have mispelled that restaurant.) Phonix comes in handy here sometimes. There are many places along Los Olas Blvd. outside cafes etc.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Patrick

A bit of a splurge? My favorite restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, probably in all of Florida -- Mark's Las Olas. You can guess where it is. Simply wonderful in food, service, and atmosphere. If they happen to do the whole flash deep fried snapper the night you're there, don't miss it. You will pull the fish off the bones with a fork and you've never tasted anything better.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:04 AM
HarryR

Sage French cafe. http://www.sagecafe.net .

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Susan

Well, the word "upscale" does not leap to mind when I'm @ Charlie's Crab in FLL....but it is a very good place to go for dinner. In fact, it is probably my favorite b/c I like to sit outside on the patio facing west over the intracoastal. I wld. describe it as "casual". The garlic Shrimp Scampi appetizer is amazing! (but it's not always on the menu...you may have to ask for it)

Another favorite is Louie Louie(Los Olas). You may also want to try the restaurant @ Lago Mar Resort...you can get a nice poolside table if it is a warm evening (probably not tonight from what I just heard about the cold front that has settled in over FLL & Miami for the weekend!!)

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:34 AM
pam

Well perhaps you are very rich but we paid $100.00 for dinner for 2 @Charlies Crab. That is steep for some. This did include 2 glasses of wine. No dessert or appetizers that I recall. I don't recall a patio perhaps a deck. There was only valet parking.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:56 AM
xxx

We've never been dissappointed at the 17th St. Fisheries.It is a nice restaurant overlooking the intercoastal waterway. Ask for a waterview table. Food is great.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:57 AM
xxx

Sorry, I meant the 15th St. Fisheries.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:47 PM
lin

I love Carlos and Pepes mexican on 17th st in a strip mall across fom Bimini Boatyard also Mangos on Las Olas

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Patrick

Bimini Boatyard is the place referred to above. It is a nice casual place with indoor and outdoor dining and a lively bar scene, but frankly I think the food's gone downhill pretty dramatically in the last few years.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Lois

Is "Yesterdays" still on the Intercoastal? I remember eating there.. years ago.. it was wonderful... and the scenery.. well... heaven

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:08 PM
LilMsFoodie

I'll second Patrick on Marks Las Olas but I really love the atmosphere at the California Cafe at Pier 66. Sit outside and watch the crews docking the 200 foot ocean going sailboats, etc. that can only moor there. Very good food in the Floribbean style contrary to the name of the restaurant.

My favorite hands down is Caps Place. A little seafood shack I first went to as a Where the Boys Are type college student. This is the oldest restaurant in this area and was originally a rum runners rendevous. Very fresh fish and an old florida atmosphere. No advertising and never listed on Fodors. You have to take a launch to get to the place. It's north of Fort Lauderdale (just a few miles) in Lighthouse Pointe. If you are in the mood for funky old Florida, this has got to be it.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:53 PM
aaa

Forget 15th Street Fisheries-
Was there in Nov.--Stone crabs were NOT good-small portions -VERY High prices for what you got....

Good views-but that was it.....

There are much better and way cheaper with views AND good food....

Calif.Cafe has great atmosphere -esp OUTSIDE overlooking the Intracoastal-food is good---but it has its ups and downs.....Lamb is great there!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Andy

Kelly--

there is a GREAT French restaurant on Las Olas called CAFE de Paris- they have been there for over 30 year-

Have indoor and outdoor dining-

FOOD is GREAT and the price is for a complete meal- appetizer ,salad,entree and dessert...Awesome lamb chops, duck,Prime rib,salmon---THE BEST French Onion soup--KILLER!!!!
Plus they have a piano player in the bar playing music==atmosphere of a FRENCH Bistro.....

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 05:08 AM
xxx

There is a great one called Canyon The margheritas are the best try prickly pear

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 04:37 PM
marcia

Our favorite restaurant is The Crab House on University Dr. Excellent seafood much better then 15th st fisherys. Also we love Catfish Deweys
very casual but great fish and incredible portions. HavE A great time.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Lois

Marcia.. do you know where on University The Crab house is located?
(Is it near the Broward Mall?)
Thanks

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 07:22 PM
dm

Lois,

The Crab House is just south of the Broward Mall in the Fountains shopping plaza.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Lois

dm--thanks so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -