Freezing threads

Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Freezing threads

I was just posting . . .

"It is sad that MaryJo's kind thread has become political. The other thread on this topic was pulled already, so I guess this one will now be pulled too."

But they froze it just as I was posting. I wish the editors would pull the negative posts before freezing these threads!!
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM

If you talking about the "Amish Children" thread, it hasn't been frozen or pulled.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:54 PM

Because some people just can't help themselves...there has to be something inserted thats political or other garbage that is not relevent to the original post. Pushing buttons is all it is. Although the post itself was not travel related, I think the editors would have let it go it if didn't look like it was disintigrating into something that the origianal poster did not intend. So again I say thank you to MaryJo for her thoughts and prayers.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM

Yes, I see that BayouGal. I was just about to hit the 'send' button with a reply to my original thread explaining that I had also posted re: the Beslan massacre and the latest Colorado events. Everything froze, just as you said. Sad, isn't it?

If this is not a travel message, from one of the USA's best and most loyal devotees, what is? Can I not express my concern and grief relating to the sadness of a group of folk who helped me, a stranger, in your country?

All good wishes.

MaryJo
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:57 PM
hdm

I think it is frozen. But last I saw it, which wasn't that long ago, there was nothing political on it. If fact, here were only about half a dozen posts. How could it have deteriorated that quickly?
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

I wish "some people" would keep their opinions out of it in a thread that is obviously only condoling grief.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:59 PM
hdm

Oops, wrong. There were 17 posts and the last one was about gun control. But there was no discussion because I guess it was frozen right after that.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM

Sorry. Now I know what is meant by "frozen" in this context--the man upstairs removes the option for posting a reply.

Let's see "ttt," "frozen," what else?
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:06 PM

MaryJo, we appreciate your sentiments. The details of this incident are so hard to fathom. I have spent many happy days in and around Lancaster County, and cannot imagine the horror they are living through there. Your good experience with this group will always be good. Thank you again.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:08 PM

It wasn't just the gun control reference I think. And again, I think your post would have been fine MaryJoe if it hadn't started drifting in another direction.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:18 PM

It seems they are simply more strictly enforcing that the topics posted must pertain to travel.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Kal

I thought this was a post on clothing that will keep you cold. :-"

Carry on....