Fredericksburg Texas

Oct 6th, 2000, 12:47 PM
Penny

Fredericksburg Texas

My husband and I will be spending 3 days in Fredericksburg, Texas in October and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a romantic restaurant for our anniversary dinner.

Also we are staying at Settler's Crossing. Any comments on this place.

Thanks

Oct 6th, 2000, 01:51 PM
Amy

I haven't been to Fredericksburg since I was a child but I did come acroos a great web site a few weeks ago that you may want to check out.
www.texashillcountry.com
It has lots of great suggestions on bed and breakfast and activities.
Have fun!

Oct 7th, 2000, 06:03 AM
Susie

Penny,
It has been years since I have been to Frederickburg. From my understanding it has really grown. As with most of our small Texas towns, I would suggest one of the tea rooms. The meals at these establishments are usually unique. Also, if you go to texas.com and search for Fredericksburg, you will find a whole list of places to dine. One that looked interesting is Rosehill Manor(it offers special occassion dinners by reservation only) If it is anything like the manor dinner close to me, it should be very good. Probably candlelight and such. I hope you enjoy Fredricksburg as much as I did when I was younger.

Oct 8th, 2000, 08:17 AM
texasgirl

The Navajo Grill is supposed to be one of the best upscsale restaurants in town. I used to really like the Hilltop cafe, a kind of funky place in an old gas station, but last spring the food wasn't nearly as good as it used to be.
For lunch, i like the cafe at the herb farm. (they have a great spa with products made from herbs grown on the farm, too)If you happen to be going the last weekend in october you will be there in time for the food and wine festival.

Oct 11th, 2000, 01:33 PM
penny

Thanks for your suggestions. Texas girl we are having massages and lunch at the herb farm on Thursday, the 26th, so thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately the Rose Hill Manor only serves dinner on weekends and we will be there Tuesday thru Friday.