Freaky Friday rants and raves Sept. 10th

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 04:19 AM
jor
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaky Friday rants and raves Sept. 10th

Rant. Charley, Frances, and Ivan the Terrible.

Rave. Paris Hilton wrote a tell-all book and she wants to become an actress. Oh please.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 04:40 AM

Rant: Charley, Frances, Ivan...need I say more?

Rant: My husband is traveling to the US due to sudden medical reasons. I am worried about him and hope that he's going to be ok.

Rant: I can't go along with him at the moment, so I have to worry about him here by myself, and hope we don't have any more hurricanes pop up while he's gone.

I would say that our island barely being missed by both Frances and Ivan would be a rave, but seeing how those storms have affected so many lives and will probably affect many more, that doesn't seem like much of a rave to me.

I think I need a big ol' cocktail come five o'clock. One that someone just continues filling all weekend. Maybe Scarlett's gecko wants to join me.

Have a good one and stay safe everyone.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 04:51 AM
dcespedes

Rant: Ivan the Terrible!

Rave: Scarlett and her devilish sense of humor...how are the trip plans coming along, dear?

Statia--I am sorry to read about your husband. In the off chance he happens to be in San Antonio we could check in on him for you

I hope everyone enjoys a nice, safe weekend! >-

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:00 AM
bonniebroad

RANT: Hurricanes and the awful problems they cause. Praying that Ivan will weaken and soon!

RAVE: Exercised and dieted for 12 weeks now, lost 17 lbs. (Knee pain vanished, ready to try walking again, water aerobics rock!

RAVE: Five weeks or so until the wonderful N.C. State Fair.

RANT: D***** hurricanes!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:01 AM

Rave: Patriots,Tom Brady, Bill Belichick. Super Bowl bound.

Rant: Too hard to get tickets to the games.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:01 AM
bonniebroad

Statia, do hope that your husband will be fine..... Good luck during these storms!

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:02 AM

Rant: We've been talking about moving to Florida in 10 years, but are seriously re-thinking that decision.

Rave: My rants are SO small compared to the people affected by those terrible hurricanes.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:02 AM

RAVE: The benefit of having warning with hurricanes, rather than the unannounced visit by most other types of disasters.

RANT: Not knowing what the hell Ivan is doing, and sitting here on the tip of Southwest Florida chewing my fingernails.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:24 AM
jasper

hi all!

rave: nice dinner out tonight.

rave: fathers 63rd birthday is tomorrow!
i can't believe how the time has passed.

rave: had a nice week off last week.

rave: getting closer to san fransisco getaway at the end of the month!

rant: seasonal allergies and hayfever! i have not stopped sneezing. but, the fall looks likes it's finally here and allergies on their way out!

everything is all good here.

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:29 AM

Rave: I'm off to the Toronto Film Festival tommorrow... hoping to catch a glimpse of Jude Law

Rave: I finally bought a new house! (might has been sold for weeks now)

Rant: My SIL moved to Naples, FL last October - I pray she is safe from Ivan.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Ani

Happy Friday everyone!

RAVE: Traded in my leased Liberty early for a brand new one...shes so pretty!

RAVE: The Apprentice is back!

RANT: Ivan...stay away!
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:33 AM

Rave:
Being able to post on the Friday Rants & Raves! We were without power just long enough to make me long for the good old days of electricity!
All the kind caring people on Fodors ( thank you for the emails, good wishes and good vibes, it worked!!)
jor- for starting Friday Rants&Raves

Patrick, I am Ranting & Raving here in NE Florida, hoping if I make enough of a fuss, you all will stay safe down there..whining didn't work, so now I am being loud

Statia honey- you know you have all my best wishes for his safe journey , there and back to you & your little bitty pups.

Rant:
No point but Ivan and all these storms should go away now- we got the picture!!

Re: Paris Hilton..
She wrote a book?! She can write???
A tell-all? Not that much to tell, is there?

Be safe everyone, even if you live in a nice calm ordinary weather place~
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:37 AM

Rant: I'm still trying to comprehend the horror of the terrorists taking over the school in Russia. Why would anyone target a school? Since when does a ethnic group's desire for independence supercede a child right to go to school unafraid. These animals shot a little 6 year old girl because she was crying for her mother. They killed hundreds of people who were simply going to school - the same thing millions of people do everyday. How cold is a man's heart that he put himself in a place for this to happen? How does he allow himself to become so dehumanized that children become targets? The atrocities that happen in this world are overwhelming sometimes.

Rant: There aren't too many bigger Red Sox and Pats fans then me and I'm happy that both teams are doing well but really does it matter one bit when hurricanes are wreaking havoc, our soldiers are dieing, kids are being used by adults in unspeakable ways.

Rave: All the social workers, volunteer sports coaches, teachers, police and firemen, nurses and doctors, clerics who try everyday to make a difference.

Rant: Tomorrow is September 11.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:43 AM

Rant: 1000 plus service personnel deaths
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:48 AM
GoTravel

Rant: The stress of this hurricane season.

Rave: That all of my loved ones (including my fordorite friends) are safe.

Material posessions can be replaced. I can't replace the people I love.

Rave: DONALD'S HAIR IS BACK!!!!!

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:48 AM

Rant--DS ended up in the ER with a bunch of stitches in his head yesterday.

Rave--It was our anniversary yesterday and DH and I met for a nice lunch and then gelato...yum! Good thing we hadn't planned on dinner due to kids activities, lol!

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:49 AM

rave: all these great rants and raves (Bennie you rock)
rave: our Fodors friends have made it through Frances "ok"
rave: next week's my anniversary. Trying to plan something fun

rant: Statia's husband isn't well.
Where the h...is Ivan going
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 06:02 AM

Rant: The tactless merchandising of 9/11 related items for this newly created "Patriots Day". 1-800-Flowers selling a "Tower to Celebrate America" with cookies and jellybeans. Ty, the beanie baby company selling "Eagle, born on 9/11/2003." Hallmark selling cards to commerate "Patriots Day." The lowlifes who peddle the "Ground Zero New York" hats are equally contemptible.

Equally crass are the people who buy this garbage. Do you have no shame?

Rave: The humorous remarks that can come from small children. My 3 year old has somehow equated our buying a new house with getting a new baby-brother. He's been telling everyone that Mommy's going to have a baby.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Cassandra

Ryan, can your daughter have heard someone refer to someone pregnant as "big as a house"? ;-)

Rave: that there are so many of us with heart and compassion for those suffering and/or in harm's way.

Rave: the hummingbirds are still here -- hope they postpone their departure for Mexico until no more hurricanes.

Rant: Such punishment from an apparently very angry "Mother Nature" with Ivan threatening so many, including my elderly mother in Sarasota.

Rave: making fun plans for trip to Carmel/Monterey/SFO in a month.

Rant: had to substitute a TCB trip to Sarasota for planned trip to high school reunion (don't ask which one, you probably can't count that high).

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Cassandra

Corection - sorry Ryan -- your SON!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -