Freaky Friday rants and raves 9-17

Sep 17th, 2004, 05:54 AM
jor
Original Poster

Freaky Friday rants and raves 9-17

rant: Wal-Mart's empire

rave: I have trasferred my perscriptions out of Wal-Mart and I will never go there again.
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:56 AM
GoTravel

Rave: I am in complete denial.

Rave: D-e-n-i-a-l. Denial.

Sep 17th, 2004, 05:56 AM

OH NO ! Jor, I thought you forgot, I just posted a rant/rave at the same exact time! I am sorry

I got overly excited at the thought of ranting and raving~
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:01 AM
bonniebroad

RANT: Hurricanes, d***** hurricanes!

RANT: War

RANT: Weight plateaus....... still 17 lbs. and holding, after almost three months.

RANT: Pulled lower back muscles (you can hurt yourself in water!)

RAVE: Knee pain that goes away....... one day it really does!

RAVE: Good friends, good food, weekends in the Carolina mountains

RAVE: Cooling off just a bit, state fair coming next month!

Have a great weekend, all!

Sep 17th, 2004, 06:03 AM

Jor, I'm with you on the Wal-Mart. Would shop just about anyplace else to avoid that nightmare.

Rave: It's Friday!

Rave: Had fun girlie sleepover with my best friend last night, since DH was in Atlantic City. Chick flicks, pedicures & Limoncello Martinis!

Rave: Last weekend's basement renovations (Phase 2 of about 10) made great progress!

Rave: Shopping for more plants for backyard landscaping this weekend with Landscape Designer Mom!

Rant: It's rainy & gloomy today, and supposed to pour rain tomorrow.

Rave: More time for weekend movies!

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:05 AM

Rant: Ivan, Jeanne and Karl.

Rant: Those who have now suffered from Ivan and those who may suffer from Jeanne.

Rave: Looks like Karl will miss everyone!.

Rant: Hubby's still not home, and the news isn't great thus far.

Rave: It could always be worse, huh?

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:07 AM
jor
Original Poster

No problem Scarlett. My computer was so slow this morning I didn't think the post would even appear.
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:07 AM

Rant:Weather miseries others are having
Rave: I'm alive!
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:19 AM
jasper

hey fodorites!!

rave: it's the w'end, i have my car and my cat and that's has to be enough to rave about.

rant: got a invitation to a memorial from my college in remembrance of my favorite teacher of all time. didn't know she died this year.

rant: election day is just getting closer, and all this wacky business is not getting better.

rant: $ is tight, but i'm managing on my own well enough.

sorry, more ranty than ravey this week.

Sep 17th, 2004, 06:22 AM

Hello and TGIF !

Rant:
Posting before Jor

Hurricanes, Tropical storms and sons being deployed to Iraq
Rave:
We leave here on Monday for Oregon.
All the helpful posters who have given me pages and pages of notes on what to do, where to go and most importantly, where to shop
The Posters here with such great senses of humour especially those who have been to Hell
The hummingbird who stops by once a day to say hello, makes me smile then goes on to the next house.
Fodors ~
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:23 AM

One more Rave:

Mimi- cigalechanta. She is always kind and helpful. She is thoughful and I am lucky to count her as a friend
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:27 AM
cd

tpatricco
It's not a basement. It's the LOWER LEVEL!
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Ani

Happy Friday everyone!

RAVE: Booked a weekend Vegas trip for January for DH and I. Grandma will stay with Riley! The best part-DH doesn't know about it-it will be a surprise under the x-mas tree for him!

RANT: We may not be able to go to the UK in the Spring like we'd hoped.
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:33 AM

Statia, is your dh okay? All the stress from worrying about hurricanes can't be helping even if he is in Texas (yes?) now.

rant: Hurricane deaths and destruction.

rave 1: Beautiful weather.

rave 2: Healthy mother-in-law who's going strong at 81.

rave 3: Visiting a brother in Phoenix for almost two weeks this December.

rave 4: Got the tix for 176 including tax (round-trip from Chicago on United).
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:38 AM
mms

Rave--We are to get snow this weekend in the mountains nearby!!!

Rant--Woke up with a change of weather headache due to it.

Rave--A mocha fixed that! lol!

Rave--DS got his stitches taken out of his head.

Rant--We cannot make our college football game that we have tickets to. So will just have to wait for the homecoming game to go to.

Rave--Can't make the game because both kids have games.

Rave--Girlfriends from WA will be down soon and we will do a weekend in the city

Sep 17th, 2004, 06:46 AM

LOL, cd. Thanks for the "upgrade".

Expanding on the basement rave: Our "Lower Level" is only 6 steps down, and will be one unbelievably beautiful space when we're finished with it.

Slow and steady it goes, but I have the vision in my head and can't wait for it to be done! We are fortunate to have full height ceilings on the LL and a fireplace. Have so far fixed all the drainage issues that were causing water problems down there & painted our utility room. New boiler & hot water heater go in next weekend, and have moved walls and will refinish the fireplace (yucky 60's looking brick) with fieldstone, and add dark cherry wood wainscot & new carpet which will make a showcase for our antique pool table. It won't seem like a basement at all! Now if only I could just wiggle my nose and make it all happen NOW!
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:49 AM

Rant: our bed broke. Just suddenly smashed itself to smithereens. And before you all start sniggering to yourselves - it was at 7AM and we were absolutely motionless at the time, just thinking about getting up.
Rave: We were going to buy a new one anyway. This just hastened the process. So we ordered ourselves a great new bed which was to be delivered the day before yesterday.
Rant: They couldn't get the box spring up our narrow stairway - we had to order a split box spring, which of course is out of stock and now we have to wait another week. We are very tired of sleeping in the guest room.
Rave: We're going away next weekend - my sweetie's choir is singing a concert in northern Ontario and we're going to spend the weekend up there watching the leaves change color.
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:57 AM

Rave: Our children surprised us with a gift certificate to the River Cafe (Brooklyn) for our 25th anniversary!

Rave: The youngest son is coming home from college to visit today!

Rant: (well, just a mini-rant): The youngest son is bringing home all of his laundry!

Rant: Pulled a muscle in my knee during Abs & Toning class - walking up and down the stairs is NOT a pretty sight.

Rant: Tipping threads Especially silly tipping threads!

More Raves: The weekend weather is supposed to be nice. Cool Autumn weather is just around the corner and that means time for new plantings and pruning.

Bonniebroad, don't get discouraged because you are doing absolutely terrific. You are probably trading fat for muscle (which weighs more) but it's a much better place to be, if you get my meaning! Hang in there girl

Rant/Rave: WAR...arrrgh! Thanks to all those who so diligently serve our country - stay safe!

Have a terrific weekend everyone
Sep 17th, 2004, 07:16 AM

Meesthare

Martha, I'm sure he will eventually be in the long run. Thanks.

Another rave/rant: All the sons, daughters, wives and husbands who are in Iraq. May God bless them and bring them home safely.
Sep 17th, 2004, 07:17 AM

Rant: I have to move offices. Always a pain (phone, network, filing).

Rave: New position!

Rant: My view won't be the same spectacular Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Ocean vista.

Rave: I will just turn around in my new office to see that, and straight ahead on a clear day, I'll see the San Bernardino Mountains!

Rant: Tired of worrying about friends and family in the path of those goddam hurricanes! Enough already...!!!

Rave: After a 27-lb weight loss, people are telling me I look good! Even a neighbor told me I was "cute".

Rant: 40-year-old guys don't want to be called "cute".

Rave: Weather should be nice enough to keep the top down on my car all weekend and get some more sun.

Rant: I have to get up extra early tomorrow morning to take the car in for a 60,000 mile service.

Rave: The family is healthy and happy today. And that is a wonderful thing.

My thoughts go out to those who have had to go through all this disastrous weather. I hope you can recover from your losses.

LilMsFoodie, I extend my deepest sympathies to you over the loss of your husband. Good memories (and silly jokes!) and love will get you through, with the help of friends and family. It helped my mom get through my dad's death; she still misses him, even after 10 years (we all do), but every good memory of him makes her smile and laugh-- hard. And keep traveling! Get out there and make new memories. Your husband would be pleased, I'm sure.

Rave: WEEKEND!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO